Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: DirectX Failed to Initialize. - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

I just updated VDJ 8 today and when I try to open the program a box pops up and says DirectX Failed to Initialize. Please install the correct drivers for your Video Card!. I hit the OK button and VDJ 8 doesn't open.

I tried to update my drivers, however all my video drivers are up to date.

I'm running on Windows 10 and have two video cards:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Nvidia Gforce GTX 760

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 1:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
See if you have any files in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/autoStart and if you do, remove/backup and restart.
Try to rename/backup the settings.xml file you find in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and see if you still get the same error on startup.
Then you can try to right-click the VDJ desktop icon and choose to run with the NVidia processor.

Even if your drivers "seem" to be updated, and if the above didnt help, you can still manually re-install the latest drivers. Some file may be missing.
Failure in DirectX is also something that may be resolved if some missing DirectX libraries are manually installed. These are usually installed along with the graphics drivers.

Mensajes Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 1:20 pm
Jixal8Home userMember since 2018
Hello

I'm having the exact problem as stated in the topic.

I just tried a fresh install of Virtual DJ 8 and this error pops up when I try to launch the program.

I'm using Windows 10 with a GTX 1070. I have also tried this on my laptop which has a HD Graphics 4600/GTX 970m.

Neither of my computers can launch this program.

I've updated the graphics drivers.... uninstalled them... reinstalled and updated. Tried following directions from another thread about installed DirectX 9 and the extra bits needed. None of this has worked. My computers have no problem running any other program ever except this one =(. I really wanted to buy it after using it a party on a friends setup.... is a nice program to use. However I can't run it =(.

Any advice on how to proceed from here would be appreciated.

Mensajes Fri 11 May 18 @ 2:40 pm
Yup, I did follow the advice given.

There was nothing in the start folder and the settings.xml file does not exist; there is a database.xml file, that's the only xml file there....

As far is humanly possible that I can see; all drivers are up to date & DirectX is up to date.

Mensajes Sat 12 May 18 @ 10:27 am
As a side note I have downloaded and installed install_virtualdj_home_v7.4.7 which turns out is called VirtualDJ Home Free? This works fine. The interface isn't as nice as V8 though.
Unless I can find a solution I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a different mixing software.

Mensajes Sat 12 May 18 @ 12:58 pm
i am currently having this issue with the direct x failure .. going to install the latest driver and reboot and see what happens but i suspect it has something to do with having a video playing in my web browser when i opened VDJ.

Mensajes Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:44 pm
OK so the latest Nvidia driver seems to have cleared it up for me.

if you have Firefox installed with hardware acceleration on it could be an issue with the previous Nvidia driver ... update my friends

Mensajes Sun 13 May 18 @ 8:51 pm
Wow. I uninstalled firefox and it reinstalled VDJ 8.2 and it worked fine lol? That's the weirdest crossover bug I've ever encountered. Good to know for other people out there who might be having the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mensajes Wed 16 May 18 @ 12:44 pm
So... Nothing works for me, in the "AutoStart" folder is nothing. I try reinstall all the drivers, but nothing.

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 11:05 am
I have the same problem. I have tried everything that is written here and I will not let it go. The nasty software, the worst I've ever seen, still has some problem, the music was first cut and then the Virtual DJ is being released and *******!!!

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 7:41 am
Perhaps the problem is resolved. I have the Duolingo application and software - it extends the monitor to the second desktop (iPad). After the uninstallation is no longer a problem and the software starts. Can anyone try it?

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 8:30 am
Hello Guys, I have just instal vdj 8 and it can't run on my win 7, 64bit machine, Dell Laptop. Vostro 1500. When i open my vdj 8, A message pops up saying DirectX failled to initialise because of my video card. when I click ok. It will just close and does not open. All my Video drivers are up to date. my system= Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Nvidia.

Please someone should help.
Thanks.

DJ PIKOLO MIX PROMO.

Mensajes Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 6:32 pm
i am used lenovo g580 win7 64 bit i install vdj 8.4 but video card error plese halp

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 4:10 am
directX failed to initialize. plese insall the correct drivers for your video card!
error intializing text
my laptop model lenovo g580 win7 64 bit
processor-intel(R) pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz
video card-intel(R) HD GRAPHICS

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 4:19 am
install 32bit VDJ :-)

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 11:42 am
I fixed it by closing an older game (probably running on DirectX9) which was running in the background. No need to delete anything. Close all programs, start virtualDJ first

Mensajes Mon 10 Feb 20 @ 6:59 pm
OmjaiHome userMember since 2019
I want to start the software of virtual dj
How can i start

Mensajes Thu 26 Mar 20 @ 6:05 pm
They have been displaying that same error since at least VDJ 7. If anything at all goes wrong with graphics initialization they blame it on driver and send you on wild goose chase when It almost never has anything to do with the driver. Look at the case when trying to run VDJ 64 bit on Win7. Win7 does not support DirectX 11.1 so that is why it failed not because of the driver. This is the typical BS though.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 9:01 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Another reason "directX failed to initialize" dialog opens at start, not related at all with anything else but VDJ internal crask guard : a broken custom padpage

i.e.: a custom pad recursively calling itself (directly or indirectly from within a called pad)
yes it's bad script programming or it can simply be a typo ( "pad 1 0" instead of "pad10")

to test : rename ...\VirtualDJ\Pads folder to what you want
if ok : fix or delete the bad padpage and rename back folder to ...\VirtualDJ\Pads

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 9:42 am
If you are using an older version of Windows, you must use the 32-bit installer of VirtualDJ (even if your Windows is 64-bit)
To install 32-bit version of VirtualDJ 2020, download here : https://virtualdj.com/download/pc32

(The 64-bit version of VirtualDJ is only for Windows 10)

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 2:05 pm
63%