Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: It's Denon DJ Prime Week over at djworx.com

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mark Settle and the boys have had the Denon DJ Prime hardware and software for quite a while now, and they wanted to hold back on publishing anything until they'd had plenty of time with the kit.

Today (Monday) starts off with an article about the Prime software, that pulls no punches.

Tuesday, the VL12 turntable. Wednesday, X1800 mixer. Thursday, SC5000 media player. Friday, the whole lot in use on a 'wild night'.

https://djworx.com/welcome-to-denon-dj-prime-week/

https://djworx.com/review-well-almost-engine-prime-software/

Mensajes Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 6:42 pm
The whole situation surrounding ongoing support for the MCX8000 and Prime just shows what a shambolic mess Denon have become.

They really need to get new software out far quicker and in smaller steps, something similar to the way VDJ now works .... although I guess things are done differently at large companies.

Engine 1.5 has never worked properly either on Mac or PC. It should never have been released with the 8000
Last firmware update for the controller was over a year ago, despite repeated reports of deck 2 hanging and various bugs in standalone mode.
Paul Dakeyne stated on 28th January last year that the issues with Engine and the MCX8000 would be resolved, and almost a year on still nothing.

I laugh at all the BS PR stuff .... change your rider .... whatever. We all know the top DJs are paid handsomely for using Denon gear, and as we know Engine Prime V1 has never been updated at all and is buggy as hell, so either these guys are getting beta versions of new software or putting up with things they way they are, but it can't be an enjoyable experience for them.

A lot of people have already sold up and moved on to the equivalent Pioneer. The MCX8000 has issues with the on/off switch failing and also refusing to boot up. The SC5000 units also have a black screen power up issue. Denon have had a massive chance to get people away from Pioneer but it looks like they've blown it.

The issue around censorship on their forum is still there. They leave me pretty much alone now because I complained directly, but it seems others are still being censored by Gary who now uses another user name.

Personally, if it wasn't for the superb implementation from VDJ, I would have returned the MCX8000 a long time ago. Denon keep pouring scorn on VDJ as it's not their preferred partner, but unlike Serato's poor attempt at a mapping the VDJ one actually works 100%

Mensajes Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 7:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)