Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Phase Project - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

http://www.phase-project.com/

Needle and cartridge prices will drop with this (if enough people buy the Phase and no longer want or need cartridges) and it's going to give the Rane Twelve a run for it's money since it's essentially turning your current turntables into a Twelve.

I will definitely be buying this when it comes out just to see how well it works compared to traditional tonearms and needles.

If this works as good as it's saying, you should see perfect circles in the VDJ timecode config.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 1:26 pm
As soon as I saw this, any visions of the RANE 12’s went right out the window.

As long as it can handle heavy bass this with my RP-8000’s will be a straight winner!!

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 5:44 pm
Will the remotes not move out of place if you are scratching?

I can see they are fixed but not sure....

The latency between the remotes, link box and software would have to be literally zero as well.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 7:48 pm
From all the videos I’ve watched, they have a sticky back and so far the latency seems to be almost none.

There’s a ton of clips on instagram and they’re always going live.

They really do seem legit.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 7:58 pm
What's interesting is, you wouldnt need a sound card or a mixer that's DVS ready because this would allow you to use any turntable and any mixer without the separate sound card. You also could use any 12" record too and not need TCV. I'm super excited for this. Right now they're saying it works out of the box for Serato, Rekordbox and Traktor. Hopefully VDJ works instantly with this too, which I don't see why it wouldn't if you have a Pro license which allows DVS.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 8:35 pm
Isn't this reliant on the internet?

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 10:16 pm
Isn't this reliant on the internet?

No. It’s a proprietary wireless system.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 10:32 pm
visionz5 wrote :
What's interesting is, you wouldnt need a sound card or a mixer that's DVS ready because this would allow you to use any turntable and any mixer without the separate sound card. You also could use any 12" record too and not need TCV. I'm super excited for this. Right now they're saying it works out of the box for Serato, Rekordbox and Traktor. Hopefully VDJ works instantly with this too, which I don't see why it wouldn't if you have a Pro license which allows DVS.

You don't even need a turntable. You can use it mid air if you prefer
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1829851863722598&id=114193768621758&__tn__=C-R

Mensajes Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 11:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since they say it works with any system my guess is that it simply emulates the timecode.
This is great for compatibility but does mean that you still need a sound card.
It would be cool if it could connect with the pc directly and skip this step, but it doesn't look like it does

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 12:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Interesting I wonder what the range is.
I've though a bit about how to emulate tt use.
Everything I came up with switched the pickup to another type be it optical with a high res encoder disc or a magnetic pickup with a magnetically doped vinyl

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 7:27 pm
How does it know the needle position on the platter?

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 8:29 pm
I'm guessing it calculates by the number of revolutions?

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 8:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Accelerometer, maybe a hall effect sensor, the name phase leads me ro think it's based on a rotating magnetic field.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 9:11 pm
Im looking with eyes wide open and mouth tho match...but i just wanna see it with a skilled juggle routine and live mixing. To be a success it must be club and mobile dj friendly.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 10:41 pm
this looks excellent i wonder of the cost though

Mensajes Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 8:00 am

Mensajes Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 8:06 am
visionz5 wrote :

Well in the state its in now that is not possible. If you read the information it states that it sends the timecode to a DVS mixer or interface. Now it they upgrade it to soundcard capabilities it would be even better. Guess that why they started with USB maybe that port will be upgraded to handle that feature. But right now it just transmits the timecode wirelessly to the DVS mixer or Audio interface.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 9:09 pm
This should answer anybodies question about latency, https://www.instagram.com/p/BeemJfyDEBd/

Notice the turntable is POWERED OFF!! Im sure we have a few here who scratch at this level (doubt it) but I'm no where near this cats level and they seem to be handling it just fine.

I will be buying these as soon as they are released........

Mensajes Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 11:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Very cool.... Forgett to load it one evening (or morning as you get home) and it shuts down the next evening mid gig. Or am I seeing this wrong?

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 10:02 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
"Notice the turntable is POWERED OFF!!"
So what is to someone from adapting this to a controller and Bam!!! Instant DVS without Turntables.
I've seen it work mid-air.
Waiting for that clever cat..........

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 10:37 am
67%