Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Stress/Stability Test

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I was wondering if there is a software that is use to monitor VDJ8 to see how it handles under a Stress/Stability Test. I'm not talking about the DPC latency checker but something that would test the DJ software itself.

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 5:48 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
But why?

And what exactly do you want to monitor? CPU usage? RAM? VRam?

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 9:48 am
VDJ8 is totally stable. Most issues relate to the machine it is running on rather than the software itself.

I have had one complete crash which was unexplained but seemed to be more a PC problem than VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 11:24 am
I know Virtual DJ is stable, I've been using it for the pass 10 years. I'm just sick and tried of people saying to Serato is more stable then virtual DJ with not proof of any testing. I'm just looking for something that can do a stress/stability testing of the DJ softwares and make a video. Also to stop that stupid ass myth of stability...

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:16 pm
Just leave them to it. No test required.

Its the same as the Windows vs Mac debate that's been raging for centuries now....

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:23 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

Its the same as the Windows vs Mac debate that's been raging for centuries now....

I know... But it still pisses me off!!! and the so call new Serato Pro with the ability to finally do mixing without a controller... It's to meet Serato is copying Virtual DJ and it's the first time I've notice that...

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:28 pm
If you don't use it then it's no concern.

I don't have a Ferrari but don't spend all day fuming that the price is too high.

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 12:46 pm

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:11 pm

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 2:49 pm

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 5:12 pm
knightrin wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

I know... But it still pisses me off!!! and the so call new Serato Pro with the ability to finally do mixing without a controller... It's to meet Serato is copying Virtual DJ and it's the first time I've notice that...

Well since SDJ is still in beta testing I’m pretty sure your not supposed to talk about and from you say I don’t think your a tester because it doesn’t work like VDJ and that’s pretty much all I’ll say about it...

As far as anyone ever saying that to me, ITS NEVER BEEN SAID TO ME!!

Maybe you should brush up on your skills and just show them what you can do!??

I for one could give 2 shits less what another DJ uses unless it has features I want other then that WHO CARES!!

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 7:23 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
VDJ8 is totally stable. Most issues relate to the machine it is running on rather than the software itself.

I have had one complete crash which was unexplained but seemed to be more a PC problem than VDJ.

Incorrect... I take it you don't know how to test which is common for end users who are not typically good testers.

I can easily cause VDJ to crash in different ways and don't try very much. Some crashes are from day one of 8 and still crash. Some are new that happen when just doing expected things. I wonder what I would come up with if I beat it to death or a real tester tested it. Yeah they have to know about some of these. Not related to PC either.

Not to mention the many more or less minor things.

It does not help matters to keep on with the BS which is so prevalent in these threads.

PS: Serato has it share of problems and some are worse. Serato seems to be pretty stagnate over the years except some minor things. I just test it about once per year and not a user of it and that is the way it seems to me. Also not nearly as sophisticated as VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 9:14 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
knightrin wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Thanks but my problem is not my skills. Countless times I've show up and shutdown... and the reply I get is that "you're a great DJ but real DJ use Serato. No one in this business would take you serious unless..." You know the rest and in my DJ Caribbean community, I'm seeing that. DJs that suck getting call before me because there are using Serato. Evening if I ask the promoter for any opportunity. But don't get it twisted, that I have not stop me. Most of my gigs are mobiles and I have a residency. So my skill is not the problem. I'm just a little passionate to VDJ. It have done well for me. I want it to get its recognition...

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 12:21 pm
Don Moir wrote :
I can easily cause VDJ to crash in different ways and don't try very much. Some crashes are from day one of 8 and still crash. Some are new that happen when just doing expected things. I wonder what I would come up with if I beat it to death or a real tester tested it. Yeah they have to know about some of these. Not related to PC either

Yes, but the methods you use to crash VDJ probably won't apply in 99.999 percent of real use cases.

Have you highlighted these crashes to Adion and the Dev team and have they responded?

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 12:57 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Yes, but the methods you use to crash VDJ probably won't apply in 99.999 percent of real use cases.

Seems the title of this thread is about stress testing. Did you miss that? But with that said these are easy to reproduce

You mean like down loading lyrics in some cases?

You mean like changing a camera out when native camera effect is active? All you really have to do is to have some popular camera filter installed and can hang or crash. User will have no idea and has nothing to do with the camera filter and it works fine everywhere else.

You mean like using hardware full screen mode?

kradcliffe wrote :
Have you highlighted these crashes to Adion and the Dev team and have they responded?

Sure but new ones come up like slideshow crashed when I stress tested it just the other day. If they don't know about some it simply means no one test it or no one cares. I mentioned the camera crash about 2 or 3 times and that has been since day one of 8. There is an easy solution for hardware fullscreen mode which I detailed and got no response.

Your thinking must if you works for you, then everything must work for everyone. Your statement about 99.999 percent does not apply. You say "yes" meaning I guess you don't know how to test (expected) but you are qualified to make that statement?

All I am saying is you never know what a user will do. If you can do it they will do it. Then they are lost and many times comments on whatever, will just lead to the user being even more lost. That happens so many times in these threads it's crazy. You should raise your expectations. Software is becoming more dumbed down without you knowing it and that is sad.

kradcliffe wrote :

really?

Again I have not beat it to death with stress testing but wonder what that would bring up.

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 3:19 pm
knightrin wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
knightrin wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Thanks but my problem is not my skills. Countless times I've show up and shutdown... and the reply I get is that "you're a great DJ but real DJ use Serato. No one in this business would take you serious unless..." You know the rest and in my DJ Caribbean community, I'm seeing that. DJs that suck getting call before me because there are using Serato. Evening if I ask the promoter for any opportunity. But don't get it twisted, that I have not stop me. Most of my gigs are mobiles and I have a residency. So my skill is not the problem. I'm just a little passionate to VDJ. It have done well for me. I want it to get its recognition...

I’m not sure where your from but if promoters were saying that to me, I wouldn’t wanna work for them anyways.

Sounds like these people are more worried about looks then actual skill so again that’s just another reason to not work for them.

I have opened for a few big name djs and played at some decent spots and NOT ever once has that ever been said to me. I’ve been told that I shouldn’t drink so much and I shouldn’t have been bangin chicks in the booth after hours, Lmmfao!! These just sound like a bunch of fake ass people who have bought they’re way into the scene. Again not the type of people I’d wanna work for.

Anyways good luck.

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 9:25 pm
one of the "tests" i would do is open every single app on my laptop,open 3-4 pages on youtube. and just go nuts on the effects, loops etc... to see if i can get it to crash. Never could. I called it flogging. i have my laptop maxed out at 16gb ram and a SSHD though.

Mensajes Sat 03 Feb 18 @ 2:56 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)