Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Using Bluetooth headphones instead of soundcard

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey everyone, noob here.

So I currently don't have enough money to buy a audio interface/soundcard, and I was wondering if there is a way to use my Bluetooth headphones to queue songs etc. All the while using my computers headphone jack to connect to the speakers.

I hope I explained it well enough, I apologise in advance if this has been posted before (but I couldn't find a working answer)

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 5:45 pm
Possibly (if your OS can see your headphones as an audio output then VDJ should be able to use them) but you will more than likely get a delay (latency) in the signal to the headphones as it's wireless.

In other words, you won't hear the audio from the bluetooth headphones at the same time as from the headphone jack. It will be late.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 6:37 pm
Bluetooth devices normally have a small lag , it's due to the fact that Bluetooth was never designed to carry stereo audio, over the years new versions of the Bluetooth standard have emerged and ot now supports higher quality and stereo, but it has to be compressed and sent over the narrow bandwidth by link and then uncompressed , this all takes time which is the cause id the lag, ok for listening , but for queuing and beat matching its a no

Mensajes Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 7:49 pm
pweldonPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You can use a splitter out of your headphone jack with one side going to your headphones and the other side going to your speakers. Inside of VDJ, you can set up the audio to split the signal so that cue goes to headphones and the active deck going out to your audience. The caveat is that you would have to use the cross fader in VDJ instead of on your external mixer.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 5:44 pm
pweldon wrote :
You can use a splitter

NB this needs to be a specific type of splitter, designed for the job - not just a plain old 'one in, two out' cable.

Also note that if you do this, both your main output and your headphones will be in mono.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 6:08 pm
pweldonPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Algoriddim sells this type of splitter.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 6:58 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)