Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Slight glitch first demanding set of functions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

VDJ8 latest build and Denon MC7000. Not a huge issue but would love to read more thoughts on this.

I'll get a little graphic freeze, sometimes audio glitch the first time i do something demanding. No huge CPU spike. A fast series of controls. The first time switching to a different pad mode I might get a bit of lag or the first sample press. After this 1 initial glitch everything is 100% perfect 6hr sets. Doing Lots of crazy stuff, effects etc. The only way i can describe it is as if the laptop isn't up to speed yet.

i5 2.8 3.2TB / 8GB Ram. It's in High performance mode. I have song load priority set to low and the quality setting at 2. I did have it on 3 but panicked the first time it happened so reduced it. I've noticed it almost every time now but the impact of what happens when it happens seems to be a lot less.

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 4:41 pm
you might try setting latency a bit higher see if that helps

maybe the buffer is running dry.

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 7:38 pm
I thought about the latency settings and buffer but it still doesn't add up. It's only the first time. No amount of anything after can make it glitch. Seems a shame to increase the latency on a decent machine that works perfectly fine once it's had that 'kick'. Trying to get my head round what it could be. Obviously it is the buffer if i get audio glitches but whats the 'kick' all about?

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 8:44 pm
another thing to consider when you first boot up a computer there are loads of background tasks happening for a while (sometimes up to 30 minutes) maybe one of those may be causing the issue then fades away as it no longer runs. either way a slight latency tweak will probably fix it.

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 9:30 pm
I can confirm this, its like a "command stutter": like fresh open vdj8 load and play a track and try activating a 1/8 beat looproll, the 2nd time the roll is engaged...

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 11:21 pm
I use denon mc7000 and vdj and lately I'm experiencing glitchs maybe one or two a night and only lasts 1 or 2 seconds. Dtiving me mad.
I checked all my drivers and software and still happening.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 2:12 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
No need for two posts on the same topic. I’ve responded to your other one with requests for additional information.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jun 19 @ 2:19 pm
I also have these little 1 sec sound glitches..... usually within the 1st hour of starting.... But I overlook it, and still love my MC7000.

Mensajes Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 11:38 pm
I had this again last night in 2020... It must be something to do with my laptop. It has happened many times since I posted but always only once. It's usually only for a few ms so not too bad, however, last night was quiet a long one.

Mensajes Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 9:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The things you mention like loading a new pad page or playing a new sample do depend on disk access.
Is your music on a different drive from your documents folder?

Mensajes Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 9:49 am
Adion wrote :
The things you mention like loading a new pad page or playing a new sample do depend on disk access.
Is your music on a different drive from your documents folder?

I only have the 1 harddrive everything is on the same drive, no partition. The audio glitch, a super fast stutter, like a tzzzzz happens mainly if I press sync. It has happened when I've used the pitch bend. A tzzz isn't too bad but a tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is obviously very embarrassing. The eyes from management on the bar, not good. Sync mode is at basic level, no sync lock or cue locks, I do that manual.

It happened last night long enough for me to grab the fader and realise that doesn't turn it down and then the gain knob, which also doesn't turn it down. I guess as the laptop has glitched, they won't. Next time i'll try the master which should work independent to VDJ. It's very loud.

I'm going to run latency mon, check what my laptop idles at even though it's in high performance. Any more suggestion, I'd love to read them.

Mensajes Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 10:05 am
try songLoadPriority low or idle could help

Mensajes Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 8:49 pm
What's your latency set to? You haven't said.

Mensajes Sat 05 Oct 19 @ 10:07 pm
Latency 256. I'm sure it's happened when I tried 512 for a while too. A DAW would be able to run many VST's, whilst connected to the internet and other things and not glitch. Whilst it will be an asio issue something else must be amiss with my PC, VDJ and the Denon. If it was just the buffer it wouldn't only happen once a night. It's never happened twice in the same session. I will be going back to 512, just for a bit more headroom.

Song load priority is set to low.

Mensajes Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 4:26 pm
What skin are you using, by the way? That might be something worth looking into. Is it a bitmap skin or a new vector one?

Skins with lots of options have more code, and so are "heavier" on the system.

I mention this as in the distant past I had an issue with audio glitches when running Ableton Live. It turned out to be caused by my graphics card (drivers).

Mensajes Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 4:40 pm
I use performance layout 4 deck, previous was 4 deck skin too. A bad driver could be the issue.

Mensajes Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 9:44 pm
OK so the new 2020 skin is almost entirely drawn with vector graphics, whereas old skins always used to be bitmaps.

There were a few hybrids in between, but this is the first default vector skin. It might be worth you trying to switch back to a bitmap skin to see if it makes things any better.

I think there a few glitches in VDJ on the vector side. The cue markers don't appear in the lower decks on 4 deck views, and people have also had issues with other graphics not showing correctly.

BTW is your VDJ skin & video FPS set to the same as your screen refresh rate?

Mensajes Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 5:12 pm
You did not mention what kind of drive you have but if HDD... For me and Win7 the high performance default sets the drive time to sleep to 20 minutes for HDD drive... Your problem sounds like it could be related to that sort of... all you can do is check... Edit your power plan,, click change advanced settings... click hard drive... change time to sleep to never or 0 if not already. Let us know what it was on so we have that info... Maybe it is such that once it spins up you are keeping it busy and can't sleep.

If nothing to do with that, then you should try to better define demanding.. Like maybe high res video, or maybe just a large audio file can cause it (but that should not be demanding)... It would help if you can attempt to narrow that down.

You could also watch in device manager to see if you can see anything odd starting up

Don't think you mentioned if this is a recent thing or not... Like has it happened for years :) or is a recent thing you are noticing.

Mensajes Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 5:49 pm
Don Moir wrote :
You did not mention...

It could be a Hard Drive issue but still connected to the use of the Denon. I've never had it happen when setting settings messing about at home, when it's not connected. I don't recall it happening before I had the Denon. My first post was almost 2 years ago. To avoid it being a huge problem i'd simply do a fast serious of commands, song loads and syncs, FX triggers before switching sound from the bar system. I'd have no idea if this is what stopped it from happening on all the nights it didn't. I hadn't done that with 2020 and I got caught again. I may have a USB issue to as running latency mon, the USB was showing even when nothing was connected, although latency mon was giving me safe readings.

Thank you for your input, I will double check the settings within high performance mode.

Mensajes Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 9:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)