Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pause/play buttons on MixDeck stop communicating with Virtual DJ..

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BctJayHome userMember since 2018
Hi there! First time post here.

I have a Lenovo E540 laptop with Windows 7 and I have VirtualDJ PRO 7.4.1 installed and I use a Numark MixDeck to play my music on Virtual DJ on my laptop for DJ events. When I first connect (via USB) the Mixdeck to the computer and start VirtualDJ, the pause/cue/play buttons work fine and communicate with VirtualDJ. The problem I am having is that after a while (times can very from 5 minutes, 20 minutes, a few hours), the pause/cue/play buttons will no longer work on my MixDeck with VirtualDJ and I have use my laptop and click on the buttons on VirtualDJ to get it to work again. However, the time elapsed displayed for songs on VirtualDJ and the mixdeck is synced and displaying properly. The issue has been occurring since last week and there were no known software/hardware changes on the laptop. Wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a possible fix for this? The drivers installed are the most recent (2.9.55) for Windows 7.

Thanks in advance!

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 2:01 pm
Why is your Pro license not registered to your account?

Why are you still using such an old version of VDJ that hasn't been updated for years?

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 4:29 pm
BctJayHome userMember since 2018
If you must know, I'm not the owner of this laptop or mixdeck, it belongs to a client of mine. I work for an IT service company and he brought it in for us to service it. The version of VirtualDJ Pro is registered, but it is registered to the client and not me personally. I do see his email address who it is registered to everytime I open it up.

But to me, it sounds like you are recommending that we upgrade the software. Is there any cost in doing that?

The client is reluctant on updating his VDJ is because of the possible radical changes in the interface. However, he told me he knows a fellow DJ that has Virtual DJ 8 and he can help him with the upgrade if necessary. But would that fix the problem?

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 5:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Depends on the licence, if your client has a full pro licence then they can upgrade to any v8 vdj or the last v7 release for free.

Also v8 is a seperate program to v7.X so you can have both installed. BUT you say all was ok a week ago, so if you're correct in saying that nothing sw based has changed then hw must be at fault,
Or sw has changed and you needed to try rolling back to before the problem started.

Fault finding 101; what changed? don't believe what the last guy said happened or tried, try the easiest thing first.

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 5:55 pm
BctJay wrote :
I have a Lenovo E540 laptop with Windows 7 and I have VirtualDJ PRO 7.4.1 installed and I use a Numark MixDeck to play my music on Virtual DJ on my laptop for DJ events

BctJay wrote :
If you must know, I'm not the owner of this laptop or mixdeck, it belongs to a client of mine

Some change of story that then!

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 6:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)