Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Script to open 'Effect Groups'?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a script that can be used to open a effects group folder.

Using 'effect_select' mapped to open the general effects list menu and to scroll up/down the list but is there a way to open group subfolders without using the mouse pointer but a mapped button instead?....I've searched around for an answer but not come up with anything....

Thanks for any help

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:50 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try

effect_select "your folder name'

I'm guessing here (not at machine to test) but that seems to be a logical guess to me.

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:05 pm
Thanks locodog,

Even if it works I'm not sure that will do exactly what I'm after. Basically I've scripted opening up the effects list to a button, scripted scrolling up and down the list to another couple of buttons and want to be able to open a group sub folder if I scroll onto it, rather than have controls dedicated to individual folder names.

A bit like the 'browser_folder' command, only for the effects list....

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:17 pm
I think i can do this, give me 24 hours and I'll give a test, unless someone else chime in.

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:26 pm
And just tried:
effect_select "your folder name'

And that doesn't seem to work either.... :-)

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:27 pm
Thanks - no rush!

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:28 pm
I can remember a request similar maybe 6 months ago.
It's hazy but i think it is possible.

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:55 pm
Thanks Locodog

I'll have another hunt and see if I can find that - previous searches have not come up with anything.

In the meantime I have discovered that hitting the keyboard 'enter' key opens up the subfolder (though there doesn't seem to be a way to close it again), so maybe it requires a system command rather than a midi script?

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 5:00 am
Oh ok try
browser_enter

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 5:08 am

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 5:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
browser_folder should currently close the window.
It could be made to go up one folder I guess, but not sure if it's that useful. After closing it's easy enough to open the window again as well.

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 6:08 am
Yes browser_folder seems to just close the window, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of navigating this pop down menu from a controller, only from the keyboard as far as I can see at the moment.... oh well, there are worse problems to have I guess! ;-)

Mensajes Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 5:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
From a controller browser_scroll already works to scroll, browser_enter to select a plugin or enter a folder, and browser_folder to close the window.
browser_folder to go up one level will be added in next update.

From keyboard, you can use backspace or left arrow to go back one folder, and right arrow to enter a folder.
Arrow up, down and enter key to select should also work.

Mensajes Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 6:23 am
Great... thanks for the very clear explanation Adion.

Mensajes Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 8:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)