Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ 2018 now available - Page: 5

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Johncc7Home userMember since 2019
Thanks for your help.
So for remixing I can't use virtual dj, I must use other softwares?
I have to get the songwriter/record label permission?
I wonder how long does it take to learn remixing?
I am a student with a keen interest in music.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 5:58 pm
If you want to remix a track, ideally you would need the all the separate audio parts from the multitrack as individual "stems". Vocals on their own, bassline, bass drum, snare drum and so on - all on their own audio channel.

These don't usually get released to the general public. Now and again there are remix competitions, and an artist will release stems, but not via the normal "consumer" music sites.

Then you would use a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Ableton Live, Cubase etc. to "produce" your own mix by replacing some of the stems with your own. New bassline, different drums and so on.

There is plenty of info about all this online, and courses you can take - either by attending in person, or via online videos etc.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 6:12 pm
So I cant use virtual dj to do this?

Unfortunately due to lack of cash I cannot afford software so will rely on Free software.

If you can't remix songs in virtual dj what is virtual dj besides a program performing a dj set.
Is it possible using YouTube to learn to remix is audicity the best for remixing songs free ?
What can I do at home with just my laptop for free ?
Thanks
John

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 6:43 pm
Johncc7 wrote :
So I cant use virtual dj to do this?

No

Johncc7 wrote :
Unfortunately due to lack of cash I cannot afford software so will rely on Free software.

You can't take part in a F1 race with a Fiat 500. All decent DAW software costs money. It's an investment

Johncc7 wrote :
If you can't remix songs in virtual dj what is virtual dj besides a program performing a dj set.

You've answered your own question. VDJ is software for performing a DJ set

Johncc7 wrote :
is it possible using YouTube to learn to remix

Why not look. Pretty basic stuff doing a Youtube search surely?

Johncc7 wrote :
is audicity the best for remixing songs free ?

No, but it's a basic WAV editor to get you started.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 6:47 pm
Is audicity any good? I can't unfortunately afford to buy anything at the moment.
I think of using audicity and LMMS and garage band to remix.
For dj live sets I plan to use MIXX.
Is that good?
I wonder is YouTube the best place to learn from ?

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 7:34 pm
Just use Google...

Type in free daw

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 7:36 pm
This was answered above. Please read my previous post.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 19 @ 7:36 pm
djtozoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
After installing this new version and making login (djtozo) a message i shown like this "your account is temporally blocked, please contact the support team".
HELP !

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:15 am

Your account seem fine, DjTozo. Maybe try logging in again? Used wrong login? You dont create an account if you already have, login with same credentials as you use for the website here.

If still problems, contact Support so they can help : https://virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:58 am
djtozoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seem ok now, it was solved by itself, this made me nervous about next gig..... :(

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:21 pm
you'll be fine at gig ;-) just turn on "remember me" at the login dialog (should be on by default) , and you will stay logged forever
Never have to log in again :) only first time..

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:30 pm
Man I am so excited for Virtual DJ to continue getting better and better.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 10:40 pm
wow, unbelievable

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 9:09 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Tue 28 May 19 @ 12:06 am
Replying to an old post here, but the above shader still doesn't work - in 64 bit or 32 bit now.

Mensajes Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)