Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DDJ sx3 Vs DDJ 1000

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello guys
I need advice, I have to buy a new controller and I am torn between DDj 1000 or DDj SX3
I would like to know your opinions and suggestions
thank you all

Mensajes Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 3:20 pm
DDJ-1000, because the SX3 is just an update to the SX2, which was an update to the SX.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 4:50 pm
I'm not familiar with Pioneer gear at all.

What are the differences and the advantage of the DDJ-1000 as they both look pretty similar to me.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 5:08 pm
ddj-1000 has the same crappy sound card that the sx sx2 sx3 and all other lower tier pioneer controllers have. the sx3 is an updated sx2. ddj-1000 has full pressure jog wheels and lcd screen in jogs. sound effects are sooftware only when in usb/midi mode.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jul 18 @ 5:01 pm
the ddj 1000 is compatible with the PIONEER DJC-SC5 bag ?

Mensajes Sun 22 Jul 18 @ 4:01 pm
The true difference between SX3 and 1000 is their workflow logic.
The way I see things, SX3 has the computer controller logic (same logic that all Pioneer controllers have since first SX was released) while 1000 has the 'CDJ's with a mixer' logic.
A quick view on their layout makes it VERY clear:
- SX3 has "per deck effects" that allow you to run different effects per deck simultaneously while 1000 has one effect slot that can be applied on one deck or master.
- SX3 has a dedicated "loop" section that allows you to manipulate loops any way you want, 1000 has the CDJ alike loop-in/out / loop 4 section with much more limited control over loops
-SX3 offers a toucstrip to seek on a track (besides the jog of course), 1000 offers 2 seek buttons (besides the jog)
-e.t.c.

There are more differences than these and when it comes to dj-ing you should take into consideration what fits your workflow (or how easily you can adapt to a different workflow)
Personally I have the 1000 and I never attempted to use it live. It doesn't fit my workflow (the way I work with effects)

So, @all : Take a closer look before you judge just between the size of the jogs... :)

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 10:13 am
@PhantomDeejay
mille grazie
Thank you very much

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 2:13 pm
A question, in which one is the best management of microphones?

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 5:19 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The true difference between SX3 and 1000 is their workflow logic.
The way I see things, SX3 has the computer controller logic (same logic that all Pioneer controllers have since first SX was released) while 1000 has the 'CDJ's with a mixer' logic.
A quick view on their layout makes it VERY clear:
- SX3 has "per deck effects" that allow you to run different effects per deck simultaneously while 1000 has one effect slot that can be applied on one deck or master.

The effects can also be triggered per deck via the pads

PhantomDeejay wrote :

- SX3 has a dedicated "loop" section that allows you to manipulate loops any way you want, 1000 has the CDJ alike loop-in/out / loop 4 section with much more limited control over loops

When you press the loop button it defaults to 4 bar loop, simply pressing the loop buttons either increases the loop or decreases the loop

PhantomDeejay wrote :

-SX3 offers a toucstrip to seek on a track (besides the jog of course), 1000 offers 2 seek buttons (besides the jog)

There are more differences than these and when it comes to dj-ing you should take into consideration what fits your workflow (or how easily you can adapt to a different workflow)
Personally I have the 1000 and I never attempted to use it live. It doesn't fit my workflow (the way I work with effects)

I think the DDJ 1000 is one of the best controllers on the market. just one mans opinion

Mensajes Mon 23 Jul 18 @ 9:56 pm
I never said that SX3 is better than 1000 or vice versa.
I tried to highlight their true difference as a man who works with several type of hardware.
You can't compare a SUV with an Exotic Supercar. Their's no definite answer which one is "better". Others will like the SUV, others will like the Exotic even if they both come with the same price tag. I merely highlighted some differences and I said that 1000 won't fit MY workflow. So, I'm the Exotic Suprcar guy, and you're the SUV guy. Nothing wrong with that!!! :)

PS: I edited your post to quote it correctly and get rid of the CAPS.
Thanks for understanding!

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 18 @ 9:08 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)