Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Cue_Stop Mapping Query

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi,

I'm wanting to map the cue button to not do anything if the track is playing, but to function as cue_stop if the track is paused.

I've tried mapping:
play ? nothing : cue_stop

Which works fine if the track is playing (nothing happens!) but if paused it creates the cue point as expected on the first press, but on the next press when it should play until released it just sets the track to play....

I've also noticed that after doing this setting the track playing by pressing cue_stop the ordinary play button (mapped as play_pause) takes 2 presses to function.

Any ideas what is happening and what mapping might do what I want?

Cheers

Mensajes Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 2:52 pm
Any chance of one the Script Meister's helping with this? :-)

I've tried running a 'midi trace' but doesn't seem to be anything unusual on that....

The only thing that I could come up with when thinking about it was:
Could it be that if cue_stop has been activated on releasing the button and the 'note off' midi signal is transmitted the script is run again, and interprets the previewing of the track as 'playing' and therefore does 'nothing'... i.e it is stuck in permanent Cue preview mode.

Hence if you press 'play' - the first time it just converts the previewing of the track into playing the track (as it would if you were previewing the track and pressed 'play'), and then the second press of the play button will pause the track as expected.....

If this is what is happening is there any work around for this?

Cheers!

Mensajes Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 3:20 pm
Basically when you hold the "cue_stop" button down to preview the track, the track switches to "play" mode (play query returns true) and since you have mapped your button to do "nothing" when the track is playing, releasing the button does not resume the "cue_stop" action to stop the track.

Try this script:

down ? cue ? play & set 'CuePreview' 1 : pause ? set_cue : nothing : play ? var_equal 'CuePreview' 1 ? stop & set 'CuePreview' 0 : set 'CuePreview' 0

Mensajes Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 4:00 pm
Thanks Phantom, I'd never have thought of that in a million years!

Just tried it and it's nearly there, only that script doesn't let you go from previewing the track from the cue point to playing it (press play while previewing and the track stops)... I'll see if I can work out what is happening....

Mensajes Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 5:28 pm
Modify the PLAY button like this:
var_equal 'CuePreview' 1 ? set 'CuePreview' 0 : play_pause

Of course you can change play_pause with play_stutter or any other command you like

Mensajes Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 6:02 pm
Brilliant, that works perfectly. Thanks - definitely wouldn't have managed to work that out for myself.... now I'll just have fun improving my scripting skills by working out how it is working! :-)

Mensajes Wed 15 Aug 18 @ 6:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)