Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: KEY DETECTION!!!! VDJ8 - 7

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys been a VDJ user for years!!! Love the new 2018 pro. But one thing that's let it down is the 'NEW KEY DETECTION.' It seems off from the VDJ7 detection. Which was fine & pretty bang on. The new software even overrides the old keys!!! I hope in the near future there's an option to go back to the VDJ7 detection but still keep the VDJ 8 engine!!!

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 12:13 am
Dj Mia1999 wrote :
Hey guys been a VDJ user for years!!! Love the new 2018 pro. But one thing that's let it down is the 'NEW KEY DETECTION.' It seems off from the VDJ7 detection. Which was fine & pretty bang on. The new software even overrides the old keys!!! I hope in the near future there's an option to go back to the VDJ detection but still keep the VDJ 8 engine!!!

**GO BACK TO THE VDJ7 DETECTION**

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 12:15 am
Dj Mia1999 wrote :
The new software even overrides the old keys!!!

you can turn that off with this setting -> useKeyFromTag set to YES and what ever key is existing will be used and if there is none it will detect.

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 12:26 am
Dj Mia1999 wrote :
the 'NEW KEY DETECTION.' It seems off from the VDJ7 detection. Which was fine & pretty bang on

No, in the fact the opposite is true. Key detection in VDJ 7 was very biased. It tended to give everything a minor key.

In VDJ 8 the detection is much more accurate, and assigns both major and minor keys.

Detection in 8 now nearly always corresponds to the results from Mixed In Key (which is considered to be the benchmark).

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 6:33 am
Here are some examples -
Bille Jean(VDJ7 10A/Bm) this when mixed harmonically with another track of the same key sounded good.
Black Box - Ride On Time(VDJ 08A/Am) again when mixed harmonically with another track of same key seemed bang on.

VDJ8 - Black Box - Ride On Time (05A/Cm) now when mixed harmonically with another track of 05a/Cm sounds off.
VDJ8 - Billie Jean is also keyed now at(05A/Cm) again when mixed harmonically sounds off.

I'm aware of the "Set Tag" option. But it's a shame there's no option to go back to the VDJ7 detection but retain the VDJ8 engine.
I've used VDJ for years & harmonic mixing sounded good - now with the new keys it seems off!!!

Hope this can be an option in the near future as individually having to tag a track to keep old keys then reload seems tedius :-(

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 10:01 pm
Well on my system, Ride On Time is still 8A on VDJ 8.

Billie Jean on the other hand is saying 11B for the album version and 2B for the 12" (although they sound the same to me).

Oh, wait a sec - if I change the detection type in config, then VDJ tells me the exact same track is in a different key! What?

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 10:27 pm
groovindj wrote :

Oh, wait a sec - if I change the detection type in config, then VDJ tells me the exact same track is in a different key! What?

this is why i will keep using mixed in key :-)

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 11:22 pm
NOT just me then???? There should be an option to 'go back' to the VDJ7 detection. I hope the development team add this as an 'option' in a future update. Sort of like:
'Use VDJ 7 Key Detection'
'Use VDJ 8 Key Detection'

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 4:08 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)