Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Issue with database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

The past week i've been editing songs within virtual dj's tag editor. Yesterday i re did some tags in the genre of some songs that have been used, scanned and have cues. today i open virtual dj and it pop ups a little window saying that the databse is corrupted. Iclicked ok to fix and it erased the tag from about 2000 songs along with cues and sees them as newly songs added in the database. HAven't seen this one before. i do have a backup hard drive. Any idea why this happened? and how to prevent by happening?

Mensajes Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 2:47 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
External hard drive? Are you ejecting it properly before disconnecting?

Mensajes Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 4:48 am
internal hard drive. On top of that i have some vdj edit files where the artist and title are reversed inside the tag editor, the genre is erased and the year is erased as well.

Mensajes Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 4:59 am
Weird. Did VDJ crash or something? I’m afraid I’ll need to let the more experienced folks here weigh in with their suggestions.

Mensajes Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 3:24 pm
No nothing like that. Just my internal database got corrupted. I didn't update or anything, just changed the genre in the tags of some video clips but within Virtual DJ.
Forgot to mention. Its only on the video clips.not the mp3 songs. On my MP4

Mensajes Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 3:25 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I received this same error twice today and had to click the dialog box to fix and re-read tags. It's happened twice now and it's an external 2TB drive that's always connected and mounted. I was scanning MP3s while listening to a track on 1 deck and both times it made a stuttering sound as it crashed.

Mensajes Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 7:59 pm
I wasn't able to restore the database the way it was and I'm trying to re-scan the files. I guess I'll have to scan the drive for it's health (it's only 3 years old) and it could be a failing drive. I have 480GB free space, but it's scanning videos so slowly which might mean a failing drive. It made 2 backup xml databases, but they only have 1 entry each.

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 1:20 am
The drive scanned OK and it's partially fixed now, but not corrupting so far. I made a new backup and I'm glad I didn't lose my favorite folders, playlists and their order. I'm having to re-scan all files and fix my transition files. I increment my backups so that my backups aren't corrupt before I notice there's a problem.

Mensajes Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 10:27 am
Today, I had to re-read tags again for all my favorite folders even though I did this yesterday. I still can't find any problems with my drive. Does anyone know what else I can do?

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 3:55 pm
Here’s a great example of why thread highjacking is bad for everyone. The OP is still looking for help (I think) and this thread’s last few posts are unrelated (an external HD corruption vs OP’s internal).

Not that I have much to add in either case but we have two totally different stories in this one thread. Neither is resolved.

Mensajes Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 10:28 pm
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
The past week i've been editing songs within virtual dj's tag editor. Yesterday i re did some tags in the genre of some songs that have been used, scanned and have cues. today i open virtual dj and it pop ups a little window saying that the databse is corrupted. Iclicked ok to fix and it erased the tag from about 2000 songs along with cues and sees them as newly songs added in the database. HAven't seen this one before. i do have a backup hard drive. Any idea why this happened? and how to prevent by happening?

I can't say why this is happening. My first guess would be corrupt sectors on the harddrive, but it could just as well be a bug with the VDJ's XML writer etc. Hard to tell..

Have a look at the tool HDD Regenerator (http://www.dposoft.net/ ) to see if there is a problem with the disk itself. IIRC the demo allow you to fix one bad sector. At least you can see if it finds any problems and take it from there. If all good then check for viruses (actually, do this first if you haven't already) as they can mangle files. If nothing then it's something the VDJ crew have to look into.

That being said, I just so happen to work on a fixing tool for VDJ databases. I don't know if you have got this problem solved - if not, would you be willing to share the "database.xml" file (before VDJ tries to repair it, if possible)? I can have a look at it to see if it has some structural/encoding/corruption errors. pastebin.com is one option for sharing it, probably there are better options, any suggestion welcome. (and this goes for anyone else who have run into this problem as well).

In any case, hope it sorts out and let us know if you had it fixed.

Mensajes Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 2:14 pm
Yes i still haven't had any luck with fixing my issue. After i got the message that my database is corrupt, i cleaned it but some of my most played mp4s lost their Cues and tags. Not to mention that the VDJ Edit files (for video clips) had their tags reversed (Artist-Songname).
I can share you the file as soon as i go home. Another thing is that i do have a backup buy I was never able to get my mp4s fixed the eay they were before. My Computer is super clean and i am teck savvy. So this one is a new for me. I am thinking of opening the xml file replacing a lines with and old file. Haven't tried it yet

Mensajes Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 9:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)