Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ2018 v.8.3 b4675 Database is corrupt on C and G

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
On Dec 11th twice and today Dec 15th, my database became corrupt on both my C internal and G external drive. My drive's health both scan OK and I have over 1TB and 480GB free on both drives. Each time I allow VDJ to fix the corruption and it re-reads tags. I've had to re-scan / analyze my files over and over again. I backup both internal and external folders and database daily. Is this a VDJ bug or does it mean my motherboard hardware's failing or is this a Windows issue? I'm on Windows 10 with an ASUS motherboard and AMD FX-8350 CPU, 1060 GTX 6 GB Nvidia graphics card.

Each time it creates a backup broken database XML with 1 entry each and each time it's a different entry:

262.792000" FirstSeen="1544556688" Bitrate="337" Cover="1" /> For Promotional Use Only By: www.bpmsupreme.com
[Snipz] - HD - Clean - deadmau5 ft Lights - Drama Free [Snipz] - HD - Clean.wav" FileSize="32467022">
4A Static City Record Pool For Promotional Use Only By: www.bpmsupreme.com For Promotional Use Only By: www.bpmsupreme.com r="4291611648" Type="cue" />

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 8:18 pm
are you running the latest version of the software?
do you have a license?
where did you get the VDJ software you are running?

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 8:29 pm
VDJ2018 V.8.3 B4675 - Yes it's the latest version, home license, from virtualdj's home page. I'm going to try re-scanning my HDDs for errors, however, it seems strange 2 drives (1 internal and 1 external) can have corruption at the same time due to hardware sector errors. I wish VDJ8 could have a verify integrity or something that "self heals" problems. Analyzing 150k files is a pain to do on a regular basis, but I'm letting it run all day and then make another backup. I have an ASUS laptop with 16GB of RAM that I'm doing to use to perform with, but prefer the PC at home. The good news is, my playlists and favorite folders are perfectly intact. I'll be buying a controller and Pro License soon and I really like VDJ8.3 a lot personally. I couldn't see myself using any of the other solutions out in there.

Mensajes Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 12:15 am
I re-analyzed my entire drive and it took over 12+ hours. Everything looked and ran fine and then just now I opened VDJ8 and it updated to the newest version v8.3 b4720 and again, more than half of my library needs to be re-scanned again. I scanned my drive for errors and it didn't find any. Should I uninstall and start over from scratch? My backup restore might be corrupt also. I tried it a while ago before the problems happened. Perhaps Windows 10's latest update caused this problem? I noticed my drive order changed, however, the drive letters stayed intact.

Mensajes Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 7:39 pm
That's a strange one. Something definitely not right. I've never had any issues with my DB and it's all the way from 2008. Converted between VDJ versions and quite a few drive configurations and it's never been corrupted.

Mensajes Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 7:41 pm
Thanks for posting. I've had the problem on my laptop and PC, but I'm sure it's rare so you and other people aren't having db problems. I guess I'll have to uninstall and start over and if it happens again, try a new drive.

Mensajes Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 9:03 pm
I've been scanning / analyzing my entire collection for 23 hours and it's not even half way done. I hope this works when it's done.

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 4:04 am
My scan / analyze completed today and my database's functioning. I'll make new incremental backups and keep an eye on them. You may close this threat at your convenience. Thank you VDJ8 staff and developers.

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 12:21 am
I've been getting the same problem database on both the C and G drive. but i keep a backup of my Vdj folder. i never had this problem before in the pass is it a bug or something?

Mensajes Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 7:07 pm
I am getting the same thing happening also wtf

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 2:59 pm
Did a complete fresh Windows and VDJ install a few days ago and I also have experienced this "corruption" message a few times now...

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 1:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any chance you are using some Addon or 3rd party software which messes up with your Database ?

Mensajes Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 9:18 am
djdad wrote :
Any chance you are using some Addon or 3rd party software which messes up with your Database ?

In my case, I haven't installed anything yet except VirtualDJ (fresh download and after that the automatic updates), Silversleek#3 skin, Browser Tweaks 3.1, FreestylerDMX and Microsoft Office.

That's it (for now).

I had (I believe) only one time this error when I connected my external disk (also with VDJ db). Maybe this was for the first time after the fresh Windows and VDJ install etc..

The database on the standard C: drive must have been newly created. This db has given me the corruption error a few times already.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 6:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)