Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Using Virtual Dj 7.4.7 Pro Basic with DJM-900NXS2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello there,

This will be my first time using Pioneer DJ mixer DJM-900NXS2. How do I use it with VD ? What's the ultimate/recommended setup ? My understanding is that DJM-900NXS2 has 2 USB sound cards built in - is that correct ? If so, how do I set it up with Virtual Dj 7.4.7 Pro Basic ? I am planning to use this mixer like external mixer since I am only playing songs and not really mixing them or applying any special effects ?

I am hoping that I can use it with the version that I have and not having to upgrade to VD 8 ?

Any suggestions would be welcome :) Thanks in advance!

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 4:33 pm
why not Upgrade, you have the PRO license so it's FREE UPGRADE (don't get left behind on new stuff).

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 5:37 pm
OK makes sense, how do I get that free upgrade ?

Regards,

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 9:46 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 10:19 pm
Pro Basic is (was) not the same as Pro!

It was a cut down version that did not work with controllers. It was for mouse & keyboard only.

Whether it allowed an external mixer config I'm not sure - you'd need to check the manual.

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 10:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 3:46 pm
OK thanks for the feedback , so I read this in the link that was posted in the above post;

"If you have purchased the legacy VirtualDJ 7 Pro Basic in the past, a free analog Mixer Plus license is provided to you, in order to freely use your External analog DJ mixer with VirtualDJ 8. Make sure your Pro Basic serial is registered to your Account and once VirtualDJ 8 is opened login with your VirtualDJ Account credentials. Make sure you are connected to the Internet (at least for the first time VirtualDJ 8 is launched) in order the Plus License to be validated and granted."

I am still confused how do I get this into VD 8 , can someone please help me :)

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 3:57 pm
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet
- Download and install VirtualDJ 8 from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html (in case you have not done already)
- When opened for the 1st time, you will be asked to Connect (Login)
- Click on the "Email" button/icon and login with the same username/password you use in forums (your VDJ account)
Thats it.
You should be able now to see in VDJ Settings-->Licenses tab the granted Analog Mixer Plus License.

Make sure you dont logout/disconnect from the same Licenses tab. Close VirtualDJ and the license will be remembered next time you open VDJ even without Internet connection.

for the Audio Setup of VDJ 8, you should see a "PIONEER DJM-900NXS2" button at the top. Click on that to auto-create the default audio setup for the Pioneer mixer.
Note that the mixer will also work as MIDI for about 30 days (Trial period) or for 10 mins on each launch after Trial is expired, but of course you can use that as analog mixer properly, even without the Midi functionality.

Additional notes.
- You can have both version (7 and 8) installed at the same computer and choose to run any of those without conflict.
- Your ver7 databases will be automatically imported to version 8. Just make sure your External Drives (if any) are connected when VDJ starts. VirtualDJ will create its own database files.
- Before playing live with ver 8, you should spend some time testing and learning the new version.
Manual : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/index.html

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 4:08 pm
Thanks djdad !

Couple of clarification items, with this license that I have , could I DJ commercially ? And also, am I only tied to one controller or I can freely switch between them as I can see all of them in drop down menu ?

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 4:16 pm
Basic (and Plus analog mixer ) licenses do not allow you to use any device as MIDI, just use any sound card (included the ones from any mixer/controller etc) with External mixer setup.
Only Pro license is valid for commercial use. For that, you will need to upgrade to Pro (at a small discount), which will also allow you to use any Midi controller.

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 4:23 pm
And the pro upgrade is one time and all future updates included so a good investment !

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 9:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)