Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Text to Screen Help Needed for Holidays

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good Day all, and Happy Holiday Greetings.
Does anyone know of a quick solution to have messages from Phone to show up in virtualDJ on Screen.
I think the TellyMedia/Telly Visuals requires a SimLess Device. Don't have that.
Need a solution for the Holidays
Thanx

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 4:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use any application you want to get messages to your computer, Skype for example, then use the Screen Grab Plugin (native, enabled from Extensions tab of VDJ Settings->Effects->Visualizations ) to project any part to your video output

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 8:42 pm

Mensajes Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 9:55 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
TellyVisuals works with PushBullet, Twilio, IMU, and Twitter.
Twilio works well without additional hardware.
https://www.twilio.com/

Mensajes Thu 20 Dec 18 @ 2:21 am
thanks for the posting. I sent a donation for tele but the quality wasnt there. I require higher end products for my shows. I enjoyed the fact that the link had video instructions.

Mensajes Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 4:23 pm
Rather than leaving it open ended, you should please explain what you mean tycoonentertainmentcanada. There is always room for improvement though and there are a number of things that can effect quality.

Mensajes Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 4:48 pm
When it comes to instruction and design , I buy templates for designing video and websites. I have used programs that have quick design that are simple to use and have killer instructions . For example virtual dj went and added a video link area in the control panel. I have watched a mile of videos and am constantly learning. I own a sim card and have all the stuff needed to make my work look killer professional . I felt like the quality of some of the text to message was like geocities back 15 years ago. I believe in paying for what I get. I sell ideas and designs and stuff to clubs. I would rather have the best and cost me than have something that looks like its a side project not a business of mine. I also bought the best hd smart projectors and screens and want the highest quality of images and out put . I prefer 4k and charge for it. I dont mean to knock anything but when i have to go to a face book page to get instructions i feel like I might want to see other programs and ideas . This is a reflection of my personal Ideals . I paid for something that was free thinking im going to get killer upgrades and received was not what I expected.

Learning is the key to becoming the end all be all of any product . Price is not as important as quality .

p,s Firetext and the other link above are both no longer supported. I wonder if they hit a issue with legal or crtc?

Mensajes Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 1:01 am
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
I felt like the quality of some of the text to message was like geocities back 15 years ago..

Show me an example please. An image if you would. Also you might want to show me what you think is a good display.

If you do happen to run it on a deck with a video, VDJ will distort it. May not be your problem but just to mention it and I have no control over it..

Not sure if your saying the text is bad or what. It has the best text available within VDJ.

So I can't get a handle on what your saying without an image instead of hear say. I am one person working on it. Most participation of input happens in the facebook page since they don't want me to discuss that kind of thing here. I don't recall you emailing me about anything either.

I believe in quality of course. The instructions leave a lot to be desired I agree. It is that way because I am in the process of changing things for quite awhile now... I want things to be much better. I do think it has been the only plugin to have help thought. Not brain science to use it.

A rough layout which you can have as many as you want and arranged however you want. Allowing center square to share VDJ video and incoming user images. One to left and right are just showing vdj video. Scrolling text at top. Incoming messages at bottom.

Mensajes Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 1:42 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I require higher end products for my shows.

I buy templates for designing video and websites. ....
I felt like the quality of some of the text to message was like geocities back 15 years ago.

I’m not sure your going to find an application with a large layout and support team that works within VDJ unless you screen grab.

As far as a clean, professional screen layout, I do this each time I use Telly. I think if you spent some time with it, you could achieve your desired results.

The Facebook page came about as a way to have direct contact with the developer. I’d personally rather have that then a contact page that half works and a few days before a response.
It may not be the usual support approach. But, it works well. Since you’ve paid for it, give it a shot. If not, screen grab another application if you can find one.

Mensajes Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 3:07 am
TellyVisuals can do text and image to screen, but that is just one part of it. TellyVisuals and TellyMedia have been building blocks for something much better for a long time now. If that was not the case, I would not be here. Initially I was paid to do EssentialVisuals. Pangolin did the help for it. After the first release, it was not long before we knew VDJ was no place to make money for a company. Anything done to them was pretty much left up to me, but they wanted me to work on things that actually made money for the company. Of course. When VDJ8 came out Pangolin and other companies left this scene and the code for EssentialVisuals and EssentialMedia became mine as long as I renamed them. Now called TellyVisuals and TellyMedia.

EssentialVisuals was only a receiver and display app for text only message. It was fed from Pangolin's IMU program which I had nothing to do with. Since Pangolin left, I have added support for iWall which is another 3rd party app that manages text and images from a variety of source. TellyVisuals will link to iWall automatically when it is running. iWall is expensive though. Internally to TV, I have added support for PushBullet, Twitter, and Twilio. These just to give people options for low cost. I have made several improvements to the current TV. Not because I want to.. I want it to go away in favor of something better... I started adding things because I was taking too long to create a new app. For a long time I am only seeing TM and TV as building blocks. Not something I want to hang my hat on forever :) They have been very useful tools for me to figure things out. I also have spent considerable time keeping them up to date and still support VDJ7 as well as VDJ8. I am adding support now for VDJ8 64. More on that in a bit. Since I want to get rid of these two, I have not spent time updating the help and other things though for them.

What about the donations? Why do I call them donations?

TellyVisuals and TellyMedia are unfinished tools. I alone cannot provide everything all at once. The donations say you have an interest and support what I am doing. They amount to about 25 to 50 cents an hour in a good month but they do help. I almost never hear from anyone that does not donate who are using the free versions. Like I am supposed to work endless hours for them I guess for nothing in return. I like people to participate and like to get their feed back. I have given licenses out to people who have helped out in ways other than money. A lot of times I am busy doing software I make money doing. Programming is an intense time consuming task; I work 24/7. Currently I have time to work on the plugins... more later....

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 7:14 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I use booth programs and TV with Pushbullet and Twitter for years, it´s easy to setup and cheap to use as I only do monthly payment when I use PB.

Have used both programs together with videos on big screens and projectors and only had good comments for the function and the layout.

As blckjck saying, I think if you spent some time with it, you could achieve your desired results.

Great work Don, you have made my work much more fun and better :)

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 8:03 am
The only things I like about Facebook are: It's available and it's interactive. Don't like the general organization of it. The TellyVisuals page is well moderated and you can get real answers instead of fake info that many seem to be happy with.

Since I have the time currently, and since VDJ 64 uses DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 9, I am in the process of changing all my graphics code. I will continue to support DX9 not just for VDJ but for other apps as well. There will also be times when I have to add other graphics for other things like OpenGL, DirectX 12,etc. To handle this, I created a DisplayDevice class. It handles all the drawing seamlessly no matter what DirectX version or other thing the app might be using. The app does not care and to it, all drawing looks the same. So I am not just porting to DX11. I am making the underlying code more powerful, improving and adding features.

With the new Display class, everything in TV from a piece of text, icon, entire panel, entire screen, can rotate in 3 directions, scale, and follow along a path of curves and lines. In other words, it can become much more dynamic and entertaining. It is one thing getting that all to work internally and it is another thing providing an interface for it.

Here is a quick preview. It shows a panel with some new attributes. Panels in TV are a rectangular area that contains content. The panel can be moved and sized and have other attributes. A layout can contain any number of panels and you can have as many layouts as you want.

Borders can be textured. Here using polka dots on the border. Borders can auto fit to an internal image. So instead of having black areas because of aspect ratio, you can have the borders fill it in. Different images or completely different content can be added to various sides of a panel. Panels can be flat or have depth. Here I am showing a panel as a cube with different content on each side and stopped in mid rotate.

Main thing is TV needs to be much more dynamic and easier to change things on the fly. I am thinking now that TV will take on video and all the things that TM can do and do them better but have not made my mind up completely about that yet.

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 3:50 pm
I’d love to see you stop updating TV/TM and focus more on your final app, that way I might get a Mac version.

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 4:13 pm
I would have loved to stop updating TV and TM 5 years ago. I have done a lot of work on everything when I can. Still a massive amount of work to do. Building the DisplayDevice class is a big step though. Most of the drawing graphics code will be moved out of TV and put into my portable library so this is not just for the TV application.

I knew I would be hearing from you :)

By the way, I will be retaining the name TellyVisuals as it moves forward. TM will most likely go away. TV will be able to have multiple slide shows, video, multiple cameras etc.

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 4:24 pm
Lol, I couldn’t help it.

But yeah enough updating the others already. I mean maybe for 64bit but then it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. These guys who keep asking for more are just gonna half to deal with what’s done already.

Again this is all my opinion so people can flame me if they need to but you’ve put plenty into those apps and they do so much already if someone doesn’t think their good enough, they can just move on and seek something else which I doubt they’ll find.

My own personal goal is too get the new version out of you and have it work on a MacBook as well, which you are fully aware of by now, lmao!!

I still have faith but my candle is getting smaller as the years pass.

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 6:21 pm
It is really not about updating the old code. For TV, I added support for various SMS and MMS providers. I would have needed to do that no matter what or where. For this thing with VDJ 64, I used that as an incentive to create a display device class which is easy to add to. This is not being added to TV. It is being added to a portable library. The current TV will just call into it. Other than the DirectX stuff, that has nothing to do with windows. Get it?

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 6:39 pm
thanks for the message back. I understand that we all may need different things .I will try to find a example of this and message you else where . I know this is not anything to do with virtual dj . I also never realized that you are doing a lot of this on your own time and making change. I will send you a better example and hope you get a chance to work on something that makes you massive money..

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 6:59 pm
I felt like the quality of some of the text to message was like geocities back 15 years ago..

You still need to answer this please.

If it was about money I would not be here. Of course would not turn it down, but I am doing this for other reasons.

You know what I have always found odd? There is almost no discussion of any consequence about be a video dj. Play a video, run milkdrop, maybe some karaoke... Tell me what you think.

I had been around the entertainment business for many years. The Hollywood people were very good at doing live shows and entertaining videos. It's not easy from my view but seemed easy for them. It's like it is all they do so no problem for them. I told one of the music guys I needed an audio clip that was like a Nintendo sort of cheesy. He said bring me a short sample. I did and 15 minutes later I had a whole orchestra of music and it was great. Very impressive and got to know him better. He wanted to be a composer. Got my vote.

Mensajes Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 11:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Don Moir wrote :

You still need to answer this please.

I think you showed this yourself in the first screenshot you posted.
See also how geocities websites looked like.

It's not a technical problem so you can probably customize it, and of course style and taste are subjective, but there are some style similarities that are also typical for geocities but are very rare to see when you turn on the tv (unless some late-night low-budget commercials perhaps) like big colorful borders, textured backgrounds and big WordArt-like text shadows.

Mensajes Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 8:02 am
Yeah it can look like frekin anything so please let the man answer and go fix some bugs. If that happened to look like geo then just coincidence.

Mensajes Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 10:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)