Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Keep SAMPLER-LOOP (always) in SYNC
Hi all

Is there a way to keep a LOOP (in the sampler) ALWAYS in SYNC with the focused (master) deck, also when switching from one deck to another ?
Let me explain:
Deck 1 -> 98 BPM song playing.
Deck 1 SAMPLER PADS -> 95 BPM sample (set as LOOP) (set to 'Sync-Lock') starts in SYNC (so is speed-up to 98 BPM).
Sample (LOOP) plays nicely in SYNC with Deck 1 song.
Load 100 BPM song in deck 2 and push SYNC to SYNC up with Deck 1 (song is Slowed-down to 98 BPM).
Start Deck 2 (LOOP is still in SYNC) and pull fader Deck 1 down and stop the song.
Now Deck 2 is MASTER/Output deck (and LOOP from Deck 1 SAMPLER still playing).
I speed Deck 2 up to it's normal speed (100 BPM) but the LOOP in SAMPLER from Deck 1 stays at 98 BPM (so doesn't SYNC (lock) to tempo of Deck 2) and therefore goes out of SYNC.

Al tough, when I play a song in a deck and start a LOOP in the Sampler of the same deck, it stays in SYNC when adjusting tempo.
It seems the LOOP is only kept in SYNC when it's played on the same deck (Sampler PAD), not kept in SYNC with the opposite deck, when this one is focused (master).

I tried to set the various LOOP settings in Sample Editor (FLAT, PITCHED, SYNC-START, SYNC-LOCK). All gave the same result.

Is there a way to keep a LOOP (in Sampler) ALWAYS in SYNC with the active/focused/output deck, no matter if the LOOP is played in Sampler PADS of deck 1 or 2 and always follows (locks) the tempo to the playing (active/focused/output deck) when adjusting speed ?

Mensajes Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 9:01 pm
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am having same issue ..... Anyone have a workaround ?

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 10:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure Deck 2 becomes MASTER ?
It works fine here when masterdeck is in auto-mode and use Samples with Mode:Loop and Loop:Sync-Lock

Are you using a skin that shows the status of MASTER ? If not, map custom buttons on both sides as .. masterdeck .. and see what u get when u stop Deck 1.

EDIT. Ah i see now. You probably trigger the samples from the Left Deck pad page and not from the Sampler view of Browser. In this case, yes, you get what you reported.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 1:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are using a controller, you can set samplerOutputToTriggerDeck to No to make the sampler not depend on the deck it was triggered from.
It does require that you have a separate sampler output or a controller software mixer (master/headphones output configuration)

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 6:34 pm
"You probably trigger the samples from the Left Deck pad page and not from the Sampler view of Browser. In this case, yes, you get what you reported."

Hi Djdad,

I'm having a similar issue and I'm sure that there is a script solution but I can't seem to figure what it needs to be. Please help me if you can.

I have a 133 bpm sample mapped as 'sampler 1 play_stop' to a button on my controller (specifically the FX1_ASSIGN_3 button on my Denon MC6000Mk2 controller), and in the Sample edited it is set to Pitched mode so it plays in sync with the track. Back in the days in VDJ 7 this sample would always be played in sync with whatever track was playing on either deck. In VDJ 2020, it only syncs with the left deck but never with the right. So when I play the sample using the mapped controller button while a track is playing on the right deck, it's not pitch matched and obviously plays out of sync. Strangely when I play the sample using a mouse click on the sampler bank in the bottom half of the screen, it does play in sync with either deck.

The FX1_ASSIGN_3 button is on the left half of my controller. Interestingly, if I map the same sample to the FX2_ASSIGN_3 button on the right half of my controller, the sample does play in sync. So it seems that the software sees the button as belonging to that deck. However as said in VDJ 7 that wasn't the case and the sample would always play in sync with the same button.

So I suppose I just need to enter the right script for the controller button to act the same as the mouse click, and ignore which deck is playing. But what script should it be?? Can you help me out?

I have already tried using the pencil button in hte mapping overview but it won't enter the script when clicking on the sample.

Current button mapping:
https://virtualdj.com/img/383246/87043/VDJ%20screenshot%201.png

Sample settings:
https://virtualdj.com/img/383247/35780/VDJ%20screenshot%202.png

(changing it to loop mode with any other mode like sync-lock does not make a difference)

Mensajes Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 3:20 am