Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Hacked!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just a heads everyone. Last night while getting ready to do a wedding ceremony my computer went crazy. Someone remoted in and took control of my computer and knew how to work my virtual DJ program. Whomever did this knew exactly how to work with the program. Started to load songs and went into the search bar and typed in black sabbath paranoid and loaded the song. When I went to try to disconnect it from the wifi it kept trying to block me. As I do have a back up computer I had to use that. (Thankfully) Once the ceremony got underway, I was able to disconnect from the internet. I never had this happen or heard about anyone else. Just a word of caution if you are on the internet when you are using this program. NO ONE IS SAFE. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU! Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 2:22 pm
Can't believe that's possible at all.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 3:00 pm
I can't believe it either. Scary thinking that your performance could be controlled by a outside source.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 4:21 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I’d suggest a reinstall of the affected laptop. At least run a heavy duty scan using something like MalwareBytes but really starting from scratch might be the best.

Glad you had a backup unit.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 4:56 pm
djkenduquette wrote :
Just a heads everyone. Last night while getting ready to do a wedding ceremony my computer went crazy. Someone remoted in and took control of my computer and knew how to work my virtual DJ program. Whomever did this knew exactly how to work with the program. Started to load songs and went into the search bar and typed in black sabbath paranoid and loaded the song. When I went to try to disconnect it from the wifi it kept trying to block me. As I do have a back up computer I had to use that. (Thankfully) Once the ceremony got underway, I was able to disconnect from the internet. I never had this happen or heard about anyone else. Just a word of caution if you are on the internet when you are using this program. NO ONE IS SAFE. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU! Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

The bride's jealous ex-boyfriend and geek honeypotted you ?

Mensajes Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 9:08 pm
AIRPLANE MODE

Mensajes Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 2:02 am
I tried airplane mode. Didn't work. At first I thought maybe someone had the virtual DJ remote app. Who ever was remoted in was messing with my settings and I don't believe that you can do that with the app.

Mensajes Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 4:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you have teamviewer or any other RDP programm installed?

Mensajes Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 10:06 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - that's pretty good song to be honest! I would not be mad at the hacker dude - free work! :D

Mensajes Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 11:03 pm
No Joke, this just happened to me at my regular venue. Had to shut down my laptop completely and reboot to dust out the bats in the belfry. Seems the venues ex dj was in the house when it occurred.

Mensajes Sun 12 May 19 @ 11:21 am
Time to wipe your computer clean, reformat the HDD and get a new SSD. Make sure you lock windows down.

quote=djkenduquette]Just a heads everyone. Last night while getting ready to do a wedding ceremony my computer went crazy. Someone remoted in and took control of my computer and knew how to work my virtual DJ program. Whomever did this knew exactly how to work with the program. Started to load songs and went into the search bar and typed in black sabbath paranoid and loaded the song. When I went to try to disconnect it from the wifi it kept trying to block me. As I do have a back up computer I had to use that. (Thankfully) Once the ceremony got underway, I was able to disconnect from the internet. I never had this happen or heard about anyone else. Just a word of caution if you are on the internet when you are using this program. NO ONE IS SAFE. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU! Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?[/quote]

Mensajes Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:41 pm
This day i had the same problem!! Unbelieveble this what i saw. Someone took over my vdj programm!
Suddenly my mouse went crazy and control the programm. Quick i disconnect the Wifi and close my pc(very difficult because my mouse was uncontrolleble. (I close the pc with the after that a restant and now everything is normal. I am angry now to use internetconnection.
And i use this often with deezer and SoundCloud. Someren tips for this what was happenings?

Mensajes Mon 27 May 19 @ 7:04 pm
Was this the venue Wifi, or your hot spot?

Mensajes Tue 28 May 19 @ 12:58 am
no hotspot, just wifi at my home

Mensajes Tue 28 May 19 @ 9:32 am
Good enough. Sorry about the harsh realty this Rock we live on is a piece of firkin work!

Mensajes Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 11:43 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think if you mouse was taken over and went crazy this wasn't Virtual DJ (as that has no control over your mouse), it sound more like someone was remotely controlling your whole computer, not just Virtual DJ or am I mistaken.

Mensajes Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 12:31 pm
RECOURCES ! OH how wonderful they are indeed it's GOTTA be trusted after all it's TrustedInstaller RIGHT? NO.

Antonio says "How can you dial in without a DIALER??" Recourses ARE ESENTAIL you know. That is until it's GONE. Shredder. Time and labor. Piece of mind.

Dial - Up . And that's how it's typed in Explorer it will all drop down. The key file to shred would be your dialer and it's MUI's and dll's. I destroyed them all. It took me 20 years to figure out if you have no Dialer they kind of can't well? DIAL IN !!

If you use Dial - Up for some crazy reason besides perhaps a Raspberry Pie. Kali Linux cmd hacking tools disregard but you KNOW THAT. Who uses it Isn't Dial - Up anymore?

This is SUPER PIECFUL. I swear to my father EVERYBODY on Planet Earth is hacked but a small few and they are FEW and far between.

Mensajes Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 4:46 am
And NO you DON'T have to wipe your PC's it's a special combination of Microsoft Malwarebytes and the head on my shoulders when it comes to Digital Chess.

I don't use a 3rd party besides Malwarebytes no need Microsoft's Controlled Folder Access is by FAR the strictest there is and of course belongs to them. I don't need VPN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_RymHNfvM - Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access vs Ransomware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_5RbS4DGM - "What Windows 10 Services Can I Disable" - SUPER IMPORTANT !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczz0Oao8F4 - How To Block a Program with Windows Firewall (Windows 10) or Pathways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZPKtFFS0Y - Block or Allow Applications Accessing Internet in Windows 10 Firewall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyRrkavzO70 - How To Lock Folders Windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M435ZyUSw - How to Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10

Mensajes Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 5:13 am

Mensajes Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 5:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)