Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Disc-Number Tag / Tags are not analyzed correctly - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,
I already have a thread in the german section but have been asked to also post it in the general discussion.
The issue is that VDJ is reading tags not in the correct way, mainly caused by the missing disc-number tag. If I have new music added to the database and look at the tags, the track is not read as it should:
This is what itunes says:
Track 13, Disc 1

This is what VDJ reads:
Track is set as 1 (below the it is read correctly)

Means: If I have new music in my library (or a new lib at all) and miss to reload the tags, VDJ writes the wrong track-tag directly to the file:

Itunes now shows:

Result is: if you miss to use "batch"->"reload tags" every played new track is showing wrong tag information. If you use "Batch"->"Analyze for BPM etc" (German: "BPM und tags ermitteln) all new files are corrupted.
I post this redundantly to put more attention the the support and the developer-team. The german support is informed, agreed that this is an issue but has no influence on the developers priority (thats what they told me).

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Sun 31 Mar 19 @ 7:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It looks like VDJ read the 13/20 correctly, so I'm not sure how you got the '1' in there.
Can you reproduce this with a new file/copy of that file?

Mensajes Sun 31 Mar 19 @ 8:00 pm
Hello,

Yes, this happens to every new file and can be reproduced with 100% success. The "1" corresponds to the disc-tag. So If I have 2-disc album and analyze one from disc 2 -> it's "2".
The track 13 oo 20 is read correctly and if I do "reload tags" or press the small arrow below, it is also copied to the text edit. But if I miss that....shows the disc number and that’s the value which is written to the file after you do "Analyze for BPM etc" (or simply play that new, not analyzed file).

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 19 @ 7:33 am
Hi Adion,

I now tried the hole thing with a complete new installation of VDJ. Same issue... It happens to old tracks, ripped on a Windows machine as well as by using songs, ripped on a Mac using Phile Audio. I'm not sure if it is legally permissible, but if it helps to solve the problem, I can provide sample mp3s.

I additionally saw that w/o "reload tags" a new album is also read not correctly in browser view:

As you can see, it should be track 6, but read with disc tag.

Best regards,
Steffen

Mensajes Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 5:17 pm
I don't see the relevence of this, to be honest. We're not playing CDs (especially whole CDs), we're playing individual digital files.

What's the need for disc numbers, or track numbers from discs?

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 8:42 pm
That's another discussion imo.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 6:11 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
groovindj wrote :
not playing CDs (especially whole CDs),

..for disc numbers, or track numbers from discs?

I still use track/disc numbers.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 10:20 am
But how? Why? What use is it, as there are no discs, and tracks are not in a fixed order like they are on a disc?

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 4:48 pm
Some people are just stuck in their ways. Like not letting DJ laptops on the Internet.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 5:45 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
No internet, track number, filename order, high FPS, no video, ... auto synch, auto key, automix ... everyone do what he wants
The real issue here is corrupted tag ends with corrupted track.
Sometimes - rarely - the track in question becomes unusable, specially with mp4. The only solution being to use another software to fix/remove the corrupted tag or use a backup file.
I didn't experiment this issue for a long time but it seems to be already present and have to be fixed.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 7:17 pm
I'm not sure what this discussion is about. I have my specific order albumwise , not only using VDJ, and I don't want to have VDJ destroying it. If I want to burn a disc for car use or similar, I want to have it as I bought it. And if there seems to be a bug in VDJ, we should discuss about this and not the way I use my music.

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 7:19 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Agreed. Too many threads here become about somebody’s idea of the correct way to use VDJ instead of about solving the OP’s problem.

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer to help OP in this case so I am contributing to the problem in a way. But I’ve seen this happen enough that I feel I need to speak up. If anyone wants to continue this discussion and let this thread be about file tagging, let’s start another thread.

This one sounds like a legit problem. It is reasonable to expect the tagging to work.

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 19 @ 9:13 pm
PhilW wrote :
Agreed. Too many threads here become about somebody’s idea of the correct way to use VDJ instead of about solving the OP’s problem. … This one sounds like a legit problem. It is reasonable to expect the tagging to work.

1+ absolute agree.

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 19 @ 7:11 am
Could you send me one of these tracks?

I checked with some tracks I got from iTunes, but they are read correctly as "1/50" for me in VirtualDJ.

Mensajes Tue 09 Apr 19 @ 7:37 am
Hi Adion,

How/where can I do this?

Thanks for your support!!!

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 9:00 pm
@Adion: I send you a message. Due to I'm not sure about legality, it's only via pm.

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.
The problem was that on the first read the track number was retrieved from the file name was preferred over the one in the tag.

Mensajes Thu 11 Apr 19 @ 5:32 am
Hi Adion,

Thanks a lot for your support...!!!!

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 3:44 pm
Hello,

Is there a roll-back to the previous version? It has been fixed after my last post but now seems to be an issue again..(?).

Best regards
Steffen

Mensajes Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 8:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Mon 17 Jun 19 @ 9:17 pm
95%