Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Prevent 'browser_enter' from loading into "invisible" decks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi!

The title of this topic is kind of confusing, so let me explain it somehow better:

I'm using a skin that switches between deck 1 & 3 leftdeck and 2 & 4 rightdeck.
So that only either 1 or 3 is leftdeck and 2 or 4 is rightdeck at a given time.
This means that ONLY the deck that is marked as the leftdeck or rightdeck is visible. The other ones (including their buttons) are hidden, that's why a call them invisible.

The enter-button on my keyboard is mapped with 'browser_enter'.
I am working very fast, and sometimes it happens by accident that I press the enter-button 2 times... Then VDJ loads a song on deck 3 which is 'invisible" at this moment... It's annoying enough to interrupt the workflow to simply unload the deck again, but worse it also starts to play in full volume. (Deck 3 has to be unmuted because my sampler is on deck 3).

So my question:
Is there a way to prevent 'browser_enter' from loading into the invisible decks?
Or to ask the other way around:
How can I tell 'browser_enter' to ONLY load into the decks that are marked as leftdeck and rightdeck?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Mensajes Sun 05 May 19 @ 2:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why does the deck start playing after loading?

Mensajes Sun 05 May 19 @ 2:50 pm
Oh sorry, I should have provided more informations.

It happens when I use timecode...
The vinyl is always spinning...
And to make 'smart_play' work for me, I use to press the space bar after loading.

So the deck which got loaded starts to play because I press the space bar (play the active deck) (and the active deck got signed by 'browser_enter' because deck 3 was the next free deck which was not playing)

So basically I'm searching for a way to work only with leftdeck and rightdeck, without loading onto deck 3 or other decks which are not left- or rightdeck.
If I want to load and use deck 3 I should have to mark it as leftdeck (to make it visible) to load and play it.

I think this could be handled with a simple option:
browserEnterLoadingBehavior -> dropdown menu -> only use leftdeck & rightdeck or use all decks or everything else which is possible with browser_enter. Somehow like this would do the job, I think. :)

Mensajes Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could also replace browser_enter with your own loading script.
Something like

deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

This would limit loading to either left or right deck.

Mensajes Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:12 pm
Adion wrote :
You could also replace browser_enter with your own loading script.
Something like

deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

This would limit loading to either left or right deck.

I thought about this, too.
But what is with the rest of the browser_enter functions?
Like entering a folder?
This would be possible by:

browser_window 'folders' ? browser_window 'songs' : deck left pause ? deck left load : deck right pause ? deck right load

But I still can't tell what happens with other things like confirming dialogs or other functions of 'browser_enter' which I may have not registered yet. And I also would have to do this with the space bar and all keys that somehow could work with the 'invisible' decks (where I would have the same problem, that I dont know every single function - which I may use already, and miss it after that).

The way to ask the development-team seemed to be the easier one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mensajes Sun 05 May 19 @ 3:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)