Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Confusing played-times in history due to different time zones

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all,

I am working often in different times zones and I noticed that when I am travelling and have a look at my VDJ history the played-times are displayed in correspondance to the time zone difference.

E.g. I played a song on last friday at 9 PM in Germany (GMT+1), then looking at my history later while being in England (GMT), this song is shown that I played it at 8 PM. This is for sure technically correct, however it just confused me as I need to know local times only.

Is there a way to tell VDJ to show the played-times always in the same time zone, regardless where I currently am?

Thanks for any hint.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 8:52 am
Yes it seems strange to me that VDJ should alter the time on an existing file.

I can understand VDJ displaying the time local to wherever it is, because it uses the computer time, and if the computer has an internet connection it will modify the time zone as required.

What doesn't seem right is that the history file is changed based on the current clock. IMO the time in the file should stay as originally recorded.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 9:28 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The time recorded is UTC, the time shown is UTC corrected to local time.
keep your machine to a consistent local time.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 12:28 pm
Thanks locodog, however this would be even more confusing, as I wantof course to know the correct current time where I am. I wish there was a setting that allows to show the history in a fixed time zone.

Mensajes Sat 25 May 19 @ 4:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)