Forum: Wishes and new features

Features you would like to see in VirtualDJ
Tema: List files artwork preview pane like Traktor? - Page: 1
Hello Is it possible to implement a list Artwork Preview pain similar to what Traktor has? I'm tired of having to toggle that side info pane every time I want to see the full artwork of files in the list as I scroll down. Also imho that side panel wastes so much vertical (horizontal?) space as I just want to see the artwork of my list files and I have as much of the metadata disabled as I can in that side panel since I don't need to see it. Is this possible right now or is it a feature that would need to be added? Please see the lower left of the attached image to see what I would like to add to my skin if possible.

Mensajes Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 3:58 am
It's been in VirtualDJ for many years from the beginning. At the top of the browser window find the handle with your mouse and drag it down to reveal the coverFlow window.

Search the manual for the browser interface.

Mensajes Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 7:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To get the album art of the tracks as in Traktor..

Right-click on any Browser List Header (like Artist, Title etc) then select the Album Art from the offered list.
You can then drag the "Album Art" header and move it at the beginning (as 1st column)
Also from Display Options ->Padding you can adjust the vertical padding so that you get larger height for the Album Art.

As for getting the Album Art like your screenshot (below Folders), instead of toggling the File Info window, you will need to create a custom Browser in your skin, using split panels http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Custom%20Browser.html

Mensajes Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 11:55 am
I think it’s much better at the top. You get the whole image rather than a slice.

Mensajes Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 11:58 am
Thanks to everyone for your input. I don't like the coverflow window at the top for the same reason I don't like the side info panel: they both waste precious space. The way Traktor does it all you end up using is a nice square fitted box in the lower left. Very efficient and streamlined:-) In my opinion the track browser design should avoid encroaching on vertical space at all costs. The most important thing to me is to be able to see as much of my collection as I can at all times. That cover flow window eats into the track browser. The left side playlist/collection panel is not as important imho and placing the cover art preview there at the bottom left is much more ergonomic and efficient design wise. Is this at all possible?

Mensajes Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:01 am
I'm aware of this artwork slice feature in the list view but that never did it for me even when I was using Traktor which has the exact same feature if you look at the image I attached in my original post above. That sliver is useless and distracting imho and I need to see the full square cover art. I always ended up turning that off when I used to use Traktor. I tried it again with VDJ8 just before I did my post and I just can't use it. The preview pane with full cover art is what I'm after and is a perfect solution for my needs. I do realize that VDJ may shut down any access to tweaking the browser so I'm also considering trying to shoehorn a list preview pane somewhere in the top section if possible. Does anyone know the code to display browser list images? Does that code exist?

djdad wrote :
To get the album art of the tracks as in Traktor..

Right-click on any Browser List Header (like Artist, Title etc) then select the Album Art from the offered list.
You can then drag the "Album Art" header and move it at the beginning (as 1st column)
Also from Display Options ->Padding you can adjust the vertical padding so that you get larger height for the Album Art.

As for getting the Album Art like your screenshot (below Folders), instead of toggling the File Info window, you will need to create a custom Browser in your skin, using split panels http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Custom%20Browser.html

Mensajes Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:12 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It might be skinable but I'd just have a script to minimise the folder tree and open up the info pane when in the song section and the opposite when not in songs, [all automatic]

Mensajes Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:23 am
Something like this will cover mouse or midi control
repeat_start 'splitPSwitch' ? on & repeat_stop 'splitPSwitch' & show_splitpanel 'info' 0 & show_splitpanel 'folders' 15% : off & repeat_start 'splitPSwitch' 100ms & browser_window 'songs' ? show_splitpanel 'info' 9% & show_splitpanel 'folders' 2% : show_splitpanel 'info' 0 & show_splitpanel 'folders' 15%

Mensajes Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:57 am
djdad wrote :
reate a custom Browser in your skin, using split panels

@djdad - if you used the coverflow code in a small square space as shown in the rival software, would it just show one cover at a time?

Mensajes Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 4:24 pm
To answer my own question - no!

Even when in a restricted (square) space, it still tries to display the covers either side.

So now my question is: Is there a way to display the cover art from a browsed song?

[later] answering my own question again........ it's cover source="browser" :-)

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 1:58 pm
OK, I got it working (to a degree).

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 3:14 pm
Can’t you just keep the info pane open on the right side of the browser??

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 4:44 pm
That robs space from the file list apparently,

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 4:57 pm
Either way its a give and take thing, one way or another your gonna lose space....

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 8:08 pm
That's why I suggested the auto pane method, I suppose grooving could have the visibility dependant on which pane is the focus.

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 8:33 pm
It seems to me that the cover display and the custom browser code are not on the best of terms at the minute.

My guess is that the custom browser code has not been written to expect a cover display anywhere within it. It just acts a bit odd with sizing and stretching.

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 9:28 pm
Well you give it a go, fair play to you.

Mensajes Sun 04 Aug 19 @ 11:12 pm
If the width of the folder view was fixed (so no draggable split that side) it would work better IMO.

Mensajes Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 11:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 2:42 pm
I was trying to use the attach and resize X and Y parameters on mine, but couldn't get them to behave.

Mensajes Mon 05 Aug 19 @ 4:14 pm
Página : [>] [>>]
74%