Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Cue points lost. Is it becaue I batch remove and then re-add collection to search DB?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

After a while tracks in my carefully curated playlists lose all cue points and special edit points. I load the tracks and it's as if I never touched them. Nothing. What could be the cause? Sometimes I batch remove my collection from search DB and then re-add it to refresh VDJ with updated external folders. Is this the cause? Is there a way to store cue points with individual tracks instead of in one database? I'm talking hours of painstaking edits and cues lost. The other frustrating thing is it's not all tracks. Sometimes 11 out of 12 tracks in a playlists will have all points erased and then that 12th track will still have it's cue points in tact. Any input or tips is much appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 1:17 am
Generally you should not remove tracks from your searchdb unless you don't want these files to appear on search anymore.
Also in order to see the new files added on your hard drive you should only use "Add to searchdb"
In order to "refresh" data if files had their tags modified outside VirtualDJ you should right click on the files and select Batch->Reload tags
Finally: If you edit the filenames of your tracks outside VirtualDJ this will brake database consistency.
The "primary key" used by VirtualDJ to seek and load database data for a track is it's full filename (including filepath)
If you edit filepaths or filenames outside VirtualDJ then VirtualDJ will loose it's database links and it will show the file(s) affected by your changes as new.

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 12:06 pm
Thanks Phantom, All of this seems to be really inconsistent within virtual DJ. I've done the batch remove and re-add to search database before MANY times and had no issues with cue points vanishing. Also while I may have moved or renamed 1 or 2 tracks outside of Virtual DJ in the past to have ALL tracks in a playlist lose their cue points and information seems highly irregular. I hope you can pass this along to the devs because I think there is something deeper going on in the software with regards to storing and maintaining track metadata in the database. Information goes missing and then when I open the database xml with text editor I can see that my cue points have all been replaced with a standard set of POI cue points that I think are shown when you tick the box that says "show all" in the POI editor. None of those points are the ones I've set but are instead auto detected points by the VDJ software. If, in a future version of VDJ, we could perhaps store/embed that vital data with each individual track that would mitigate any loss due to moved/renamed files or corrupted database. What are your thoughts?

Mensajes Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 2:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)