Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Best way to stream split screen music video dj mixes and live camera shots? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
So I know a little about VDJ's streaming tools but from what I can tell you can only pic the video output like shaders or the music videos you're playing, or the camera, one or the other but not both. Also, there's no IG interface as far as I can see.

I have also read about live streaming tools like OBS where you can pick different camera inputs etc., but I don't see how you can mix cameras and the music video source of the DJ software for the different scenes to broadcast.

I've seen people show the video they're playing, a live camera shot, have logos and animations on the screen as overlays, how are they doing that? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 5:55 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Shader, cameras, logo, and screenshots all are plugins and animations are video samples or videos and are configurable and mixable
Size position transparency are individual parameters for these plugins
They are possibly usable as per deck and master as overlays or visualisations
the final rendering being broadcastable/streamable

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 6:22 am
if using a windows machine - TellyVisuals and TellyMedia are a one-stop shop for it.
but the 64bit version is still in beta so you'd need to use the 32bit version in the meantime till it's finished

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 6:44 am
I'll have to look into those options, but so far I'm not seeing how some of this works or is possible, I guess I will search more about it or for tutorials.

Either way, since you both recommended inherent VDJ plugins, I don't see how VDJ streams to IG, am I missing something? I figured I'd have to use a third party app to be able to stream multiple video sources simultaneously to multiple social platforms simultaneously.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 7:01 am
If using VDJ to broadcast, I'm assuming if you're connected to a DJ Mixer/Controller that the broadcast will stream the main out audio, will that include the mic if you're talking on the mic connected to the mixer?

I got Telemedia to work on my test machine, and overlay a camera and a secondary logo to my primary logo, so that was pretty cool, seemed a little glitchy but it worked.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 7:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Last time I checked Instagram did not have any option for any third party streaming apps

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 10:30 am
What are options for layering the music video, live camera shot, different graphics/logos etc if you're on a MAC? I was messing with the TellyMedia last night on the PC, but was wondering about if you're on a MAC.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 11:06 pm
Use OBS, it’s light on the resources and it can do what your asking ....

There’s a ton of tutorials on YouTube on how to use it.

Mensajes Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 11:40 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

I've looked into it and see value in it, except for the part about pulling the music video in real time out of the DJ software I'm using, unless I run an HDMI out into a 'capture card' of some kind over to another machine, unless I'm missing something. I've searched and I so far haven't found any youtube or other tutorial on how to get the music video for the song I'm playing directly out of the DJ software from the same machine, are you aware of how that can be done?

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 7:18 am
Just curious to see how we can improve the native features, but what exactly are you missing using the built-in VirtualDJ features?

The camera plugin can be configured to only display in a specific area of the screen.
The videoLogo setting allows you to use any any logo you want (including video) and set the size and position.
The text plugin can also be used and adjusted to specific areas of the screen, and presets can be saved with different texts and positions.
For additional temporary logo's and images you can use the sampler, just drop your images on a sample slot, and use the sample editor to adjust position and transparency if needed.

Video Skins further allow positioning of the music video and adding other graphical elements, although this requires a bit of skill to make yourself, but there are several available for download through extensions as well with different looks.

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 7:51 am
Maybe I don't know how to use the native features, although I've used VDJ and have DJd videos for at least 10 years, I've not done a lot of streaming.

The camera plugin can be configured to only display in a specific area of the screen.
* Ok, but unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to play a music video into the broadcast feed AND a Camera feed at the SAME TIME, unless I use a plug in like TeleMedia on Windows, which seemed to work ok for me, but my question was about a MAC because I was setting up a Macbook Pro for DJing to see which one I liked better.

The videoLogo setting allows you to use any any logo you want (including video) and set the size and position.
* I have a PNG static logo now but would like to get an animated logo, I need to figure out how to do that, you're saying that's a native feature without the use of a plugin or anything?

The text plugin can also be used and adjusted to specific areas of the screen, and presets can be saved with different texts and positions.
* Fair enough, and I planned to experiment with that for the streaming I wanted to do

For additional temporary logo's and images you can use the sampler, just drop your images on a sample slot, and use the sample editor to adjust position and transparency if needed.
* So I did this in TeleMedia but I was unaware of this being a native feature using the sampler, I guess I'll have to get my head around that, I've never heard of that. When you say sampler you mean like the same sampler I use to play audio clips and sound effects/drops etc? Is that covered in the manual? I'll look it up.

Video Skins further allow positioning of the music video and adding other graphical elements, although this requires a bit of skill to make yourself, but there are several available for download through extensions as well with different looks
* I heard mention of video skinds for broadcasting or connecting to TVs, but I've only seen the default VDJ labeled ones, and I never found any available for download

My main vision was to play the music video in the broadcast as the main focal point, have a window of a live camera feed on me and the equipment in the upper left corner maybe, my main logo in the bottom right corner like always when I play videos, and then maybe an alternate logo or series of logos/images in the upper right corner, with the option to swap the video and my live shot if I wanted to. Seems like TeleMedia allows me to do this on Windows, but I did not see the native features that allowed me to do this, mainly have both my live camera shot and music video on the screen at the same time did not seem possible with the native broadcast tool, anytime I clicked on camera the music video would stop getting displayed, and even if I made the live camera feed show up in a corner and not cover the whole screen, as soon as I activated the camera, the music video would still go away, and any time the music video was on, the live camera feed would go away. I couldn't find any settings to resolve this. So while TeleMedia did what I wanted it to do, it only works on PC I as told.

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 20 @ 5:20 am
Yes, it's possible to have the camera on top of your music videos.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/mixer/video/index.html
Go to the video tab on the skin, if in simple video mixing mode switch to dual source mixing mode (automatic when loading a video track)
(See number 3 in the manual)

In the video fx drop-down, select Camera as overlay, and press the cog wheel next to it to open the settings.
Press the 'position' button to select where on the screen you want the camera to be shown.
Then just turn on/off the effect to show/hide the camera.

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 20 @ 5:44 am
karz10 wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

I've looked into it and see value in it, except for the part about pulling the music video in real time out of the DJ software I'm using, unless I run an HDMI out into a 'capture card' of some kind over to another machine, unless I'm missing something. I've searched and I so far haven't found any youtube or other tutorial on how to get the music video for the song I'm playing directly out of the DJ software from the same machine, are you aware of how that can be done?

You can literally tell OBS what screen or screens to grab. Not sure why you think you need another tv.

Give me some time and I’ll post a quick and dirty video on how it’s done.

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 20 @ 7:43 pm
When I first started with VDJ with Essential Visuals and Essential Media it did not take long to realize a variety of single purpose plugins was never going to produce a cohesive display for a variety of things without jumping thru hoops and praying it works. So a long time has passed and TellyVisuals and TellyMedia became tools to build a better app. Just did not thing it was going to take forever. All the graphics have been redone, a new app has been started which will be called TellyVisuals. The new app right now is a framework for testing things out without a user interface. The UI won't be easy. Along the way I am working on making it more cross OS.

I used TV to do layout and text and few other things. I used TM to test out audio, video, cameras, images, etc. TV uses panels to contain things. TM had a weaker concept of this. With the current TV, panels were limited to images or the VDJ video. No cameras or regular video. The VDJ video is given as image composition of the deck1, deck2, and whatever plugin is run underneath. Not very desirable. They could improve it though. Decks have been a problem since day one of VDJ8... They have improved it but still needs work.

So for a long time, I have been working on an app that can do a sane display with multiple ways of doing things. Much of the time I had to do something else to pay bills. With the new TellyVisuals way of doing things, panels have much greater abilities. They have no specific purpose other than to contain other things. They can also have borders and color. Panels can contain cameras, video, images, slideshow, and other panels. Ther is no need to call a panel with a name like camera, logo, slideshow, or any other name. They are panels. They become what you want them to become. You can have multiple cameras, slideshows, etc. All panels and other visual element have many geometric and color transformations. Several can be applied to multiple panels at the same time or run one after another.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 9:39 am
Here's a bit of an example. I still have a long way to go yet but at least I can code this up quickly now. For a long time just in my mind with nothing to look at.

In this image there is main back panel with the rounded border, another panel with red border, and 4 panels. The spring break panel is an example logo... you can display one video or image or many. The top left panel is a camera source from ManyCam. The top right is a dancing girl video. The bottom 2 are displaying video slideshows. The bottom right is in transition which I am using slide out and slide in for it. Than main back panel contains all the other panels except the logo panel.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 9:58 am
The panels know what to do based on some event which I previously set. In this case the event was me dropping a video in. The 4 panels are rotating and resizing to nothing and what I called the logo panel is becoming the ManyCam camera image which was in the upper left. The red border is being resized to zero.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 10:17 am
So whats left is the video I wanted to view and the logo panel which is now displaying an image from ManyCam. Panels can come an go at a click. The main back panel can be faded out which would fade out all the child panels and a new set could be faded in. I am trying to make it mac ready but there is still so much to do. When panels disappear from the screen they can be deleted behind the scenes or put into a stop state. A stop state is like a pause but it also frees up resources it does not need at the moment. They can come back quick if desired.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 10:27 am
The main back panel rotated so the child panels rotate with it except for the spring break logo panel which is on top and not part of the main back panel. Some transitions include rotation, size and position, size percent, border size, border and face color, alpha, volume, reshape, etc. When changing the border color you can have it animate and glow. It has an animation language as well. I coded it up to play a high speed game of pong between 2 computer players. It used 2 panels for paddles, a clock for the ball, and kept score. I did that just to develop the language out but we will have to see how far it will go. Games like bingo should be easy.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 10:41 am
cool don

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 4:41 am
I haven't been able to find a youtube video that specifically used Virtual DJ and OBS studio togethe to overlap logos, split sceen to half the screen being a live camera and half the screen being the music video. If you guys find that, could you please post below? VDJ Broadtcast works fine just showing the video, but I need to add a live camera plus a client logo. Thanks in advance!

Mensajes Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 2:50 am
95%