Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Calling a variable for relative song_pos adjustment...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

It's been a while since I've scripted and i can't remember the syntax to plug a variable directly into a verb. I want to plug '$4thnoteadj' into a relative son_pos action. So song_pos +{the variable} Thanks, and I hope everyone is safe and healthy

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:21 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'relative' & song_pos

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:28 pm
Ahh, I tried casting the param, and only got absolute position, didnt remember the relative modifier. Thank you good sir.

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 7:40 pm
deck left select ? deck right get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667 & set '$4thnoteadj' & goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'relative' & deck left song_pos
edit:
deck left select ? deck right get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667 & param_cast 'ms' & set '$4thnoteadj' & deck left goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'relative' & deck left song_pos

it's still going to the absolute position... Do I need to specify that the parameter is a 'ms' call as well as relative? if so how do I specify both in the same cast?

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 8:07 pm
song_pos is a percent 0.0 - 1.0, maybe you want
goto

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 8:41 pm
I'm basically trying to activate a hotcue, and then apply a time offset in milliseconds based on the quarter note value of the opposing deck's bpm immediately after. So when the button is pressed it will immediately jump the track to X amount of milliseconds past the selected hotcue position. If goto will accept relative value in MS then that's what I need.

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 8:46 pm
it does, cast 'ms' then cast 'relative' to goto

Mensajes Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 8:50 pm
Got it, casting to a cast was what I was missing.

deck left select ? deck right get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667 & param_cast & set '$4thnoteadj' & deck left goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck left goto : deck left get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667 & param_cast & set '$4thnoteadj' & deck right goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck right goto

Works perfectly, Thanks Loco! Now to plug it into the whole thing and see if it all works...

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 2:09 am
I think you could cut it to this

deck left select ? deck right set '$4thnoteadj' `get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667` & deck left goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck left goto : deck left set '$4thnoteadj' `get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667` & deck right goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck right goto

not much of a cut, but still a cut

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 2:16 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
a short alternative deck related (pad like) applies to the deck the button belongs to

goto_cue & get_text `leftdeck ? deck right get_bpm : deck left get_bpm` & param_cast 'ms' & param_multiply 1.667 & param_cast 'relative' & goto

activates a hotcue, and then apply a time offset in milliseconds based on the quarter note value of the opposite deck's bpm immediately after

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 8:29 am
locodog wrote :
I think you could cut it to this

deck left select ? deck right set '$4thnoteadj' `get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667` & deck left goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck left goto : deck left set '$4thnoteadj' `get_bpm & param_multiply 1.667` & deck right goto_cue & get_var '$4thnoteadj' & param_cast 'ms' & param_cast 'relative' & deck right goto

not much of a cut, but still a cut

I like it, it's cleaner, and as quickly and consistently as this has to respond to make it work every verb that can be eliminated helps. TY again Loco.

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:31 pm
Nicotux wrote :
a short alternative deck related (pad like) applies to the deck the button belongs to

goto_cue & get_text `leftdeck ? deck right get_bpm : deck left get_bpm` & param_cast 'ms' & param_multiply 1.667 & param_cast 'relative' & goto

activates a hotcue, and then apply a time offset in milliseconds based on the quarter note value of the opposite deck's bpm immediately after

Does the get_text `leftdeck query only return true if the left deck is the action deck?

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 6:33 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
the get_text `leftdeck ..` query returns the calculated bpm of the opposite deck ,
so you are right, leftdeck query returns true when left deck is action_deck

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 20 @ 7:12 pm
Nic', You taught me something, TY. That's got all sorts of useful applications, nice shortcut!

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 12:49 am
Nicotux wrote :
get_text `leftdeck ? deck right get_bpm : deck left get_bpm` & param_cast 'ms' & ...

Tidy technique there, +1 :)

Mensajes Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 10:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)