Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Recordings are becoming corrupted - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

For two weeks in a row, recording my show in VDJ (latest beta build) it is resulting in a file that is only reading the first 30-60 minutes in every other player other than VDJ. Not sure what is going on here.

VDJ will read the file with no problem. Only way for me to get a full recording is to do a real-time playback and record of my recording in VDJ.

Very very odd.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 11:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which format are you recording to?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 5:32 am
FLAC.

What is extra interesting is that if I do a re-recording, literally playing my recorded track to create a new one, things are fine.

Out of curiosity, when recording does it cache the recording until the recording is stopped and then write to the file? Or is the writing real-time?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 3:21 pm
It is written while being recorded. There should be no difference between the 2 runs. Maybe the first time you closed VirtualDJ without stopping the recording and it didn't have time to properly write the header?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 4:00 pm
It's now happened three times in a row. Tonight's recording during my broadcast, only showing the first 25 minutes in other programs.

But VDJ sees the entire file.

Mensajes Sat 04 Jul 20 @ 11:16 pm
You stopped the recording before exiting?

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 1:27 am
Yes, recording it stopped before exiting. I even let the program stay up for a bit just in case something odd was going on with writing to the file. No luck.

Here are all my recordings from the last show. All the originals are made with the same laptop. The "redux" is the re-recording of the file, being played back in VDJ.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c382r4ky8funbf5/AADlPMybxNgiNAS8az1hnHb7a?dl=0

Last night's re-recording was done on the same laptop. Other nights were done on my daily laptop. (MBP 2018 models, Catilina 10.15.5, all running the lastest VDJ beta at the time). The first recording in there is the last good recording that came out of VDJ without needing to re-record.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 8:45 pm
so i just downloaded one to see cause i've never had issues recording to FLAC

this is the file i grabbed Lockdown20200513.flac

seems to be working fine in windows media player, groove music player, VLC media player and in foobar 2000

then i opened it up in sound forge pro to have a look besides from a long silence at the beginning (13 minuter aprox) everything was fine

Mensajes Sun 05 Jul 20 @ 10:29 pm
wickedmix wrote :
so i just downloaded one to see cause i've never had issues recording to FLAC

this is the file i grabbed Lockdown20200513.flac

seems to be working fine in windows media player, groove music player, VLC media player and in foobar 2000

then i opened it up in sound forge pro to have a look besides from a long silence at the beginning (13 minuter aprox) everything was fine

5/13 was the last good regular recording (as I noted above). 5/20, 5/27, and 7/4 are the bad ones.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:38 am
OK so I just downloaded Lockdown20200527.flac and opened it first in Adobe Audition.

No problem opening or playing it. Apart from the big volume peaks every time two tracks were mixed together, no issues with the sound either.

Also opened and played in VLC, WMP and Winamp. No issues with playing past 30 mins, although I didn't leave it running - just skipped through to various points.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 8:20 am
These are the time stamps I am getting out of these original files. This is in VDJ, Quicktime, etc. Only VDJ opens it to the full legnth.

About to see in an hour how tonight's show faired out.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jul 20 @ 10:10 pm
Tonight's show capped at ~30 minutes. This is just highly irregular. And yes, VDJ will open the entirety of the file.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 1:45 am
what build of VDJ are you on ... I'll try and do a long recording tomorrow with that same build

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 1:53 am
Latest betas. So basically each show is off the latest build.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:45 pm
so i did a 1 hr set recorded to flac using Build 6017

no issues the entire mix was recorded.

granted i was on windows 10 instead of Mac

here are the settings i used in the record section of options

i guess the issue is either Mac or system independent

Mensajes Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 9:29 pm
I ended up switching the format to be WAV and tonight's recording is fine. Still very odd.

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 11:17 pm
Well....I thought I was the only one....all my FLAC recordings can't be played in any normal player or converter even audacity.
Using Mac OS 10.10.5 running VDJ 2021 8.5 b6042 Infinity....and yes "math engine is disabled"

I now have to re-record the recording of the whole 3hour mix into wav to try and maintain quality as all my source files are FLAC quite a burden

Happens everytime I record in FLAC.....though the resultant file is well-tagged and has started cues with titles......it is only playable in viritual dj

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 3:21 am
Es genial virtual DJ además yo me voy a casar

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 4:17 am
Me voy a casar Johana Monse mi esposa

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 4:18 am
DJ Timo31 wrote :
Well....I thought I was the only one....all my FLAC recordings can't be played in any normal player or converter even audacity.
Using Mac OS 10.10.5 running VDJ 2021 8.5 b6042 Infinity....and yes "math engine is disabled"

I now have to re-record the recording of the whole 3hour mix into wav to try and maintain quality as all my source files are FLAC quite a burden

Happens everytime I record in FLAC.....though the resultant file is well-tagged and has started cues with titles......it is only playable in viritual dj

Have you tried to record in WAV to see if that works fine?

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 11:23 pm
71%