Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Playlist not adding my music.
I made multiple lists and placed songs in them, but now it is not adding any songs to the folders. Is there a limit of how many folders we can have and total songs in all the playlist folders?

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 2:33 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
many more infos and precisions needed...
"multiple lists" ? what kind of lists
" it is not adding any songs to the folders" ? what is not adding ? songs from where ? which folders ? how do you try to add ...
"playlist folders" ? what is this ? virtual folders ? playlists opened as a folder ?
which OS ?

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 2:44 am
Made playlists as in... Country, Hip/hop, etc etc having 8 total lists. I then added songs to the playlists but after 5 hours I realized over 75% of the songs were not in the folders. I would say it only allowed me to have 8 lists and roughly 100 total songs into these lists. The songs are all from my database.
I am using windows 10 on both my laptop and pc. New to this program so i believe it is just playlists under LISTS & ADVICE

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 3:15 am
there is no limit of how many folders and files you can have

the problem may comes from how you are creating these playlists
if you modify a playlist by drag/drop in left tree :
- file may appear in browser but playlist will be overwritten if currently open in sidelist/automix/karaoke at exit
- file may not add to playlist if you are not strictly ON TOP OF THE FOLDER NAME or the icon

better create a sidelist and add/modify it from right pannel then save it again (Note you can't save from karaoke ^^)
do not try to use" clone lists" (shortcuts) from the sidelist with playlists, it seems to work... but won't save in the list but copy the files in the folder (won't appear in browser)

if you are sorting by genre or feeling, better use virtual folders for that (once again unless it's karaoke, VDJ can't load virtual folders or playlist to karaoke ^^)

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 5:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Nicotux wrote :

do not try to use" clone lists" (shortcuts) from the sidelist with playlists, it seems to work... but won't save in the list but copy the files in the folder (won't appear in browser

Changes in shortcuts in the sideview are saved.
Only if you have the same playlist open in the browser side at the same time you may need to switch to a different folder and back to see the changes there as well. But not sure why you'd want to have the same playlist open in both sideview and folder view anyway

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 6:33 am
This situation can be not realy known because the playlist is open in hidden sideview pannel ( sidelist while working on automix and vice versa)
Yes, Changes in shortcuts in the sideview are saved unless the sideview is a link to a subfolder in playlist/history in which case the playlist do not get the link to the file but the file can go to the folder anyway (copy / move).
Once again its not in a viable situation, it comes by mistake i.e. cloned History\2018 is totally useless but files here do not show in browser filelist, have to use OS to remove or restore (because both copy and move work)
https://imgur.com/a/Yp4qpv7

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 7:22 am
[quote]- file may not add to playlist if you are not strictly ON TOP OF THE FOLDER NAME or the icon[quote]

yes, this is the trap. If you drag the file beside of the folder name, the square area (where the folder name is) will be highlighted. You have the feeling it has detected where do you want to drop (standard windows behaviour). But this is different here. You have to drag it a lille bit further exactly over the name. Then the drop will work. Ive reported this already, but it seems to be not so important. Ive spend one complete night of searching and debugging why my playlists are not complete and found it by fluke. Also some other guys trapped in already.

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 7:40 am
Yvan JPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Same problem here since I've updated VDJ 2020 to VDJ 2021, when I add songs to a playlist, the same way I always did. I check those playlists and everything looks right, I mean songs are in the playlist. But the next day I open VDJ and songs are missing in the playlists created the day before. I've checked my Mac but everything is right. It really looks like a VDJ 2021 problem.

(Même problème pour moi depuis ma MAJ de VDJ 2020 en 2021 quand j'ajoute des chansons à une playlist de la même manière que je l'ai toujours fait sans problème. Je vérifie mes playlists et toutes les chansons ajoutées sont bien là. Mais le lendemain quand je réouvre VDJ des chansons ont disparu des playlists créées la veille. J'ai vérifié mon Mac et tous les paramètres sont corrects. On dirait vraiment que c'est un problème lié à VDJ 2021.)

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 12:25 pm
~~~ double post removed~~~

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 12:40 pm
Sounds like a write permission problem.
Check the write permissions to Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists folder.

Mensajes Thu 13 Aug 20 @ 1:52 pm
No it's definitely not a write permission problem cause I checked it and everything's fine. And it's even worse than I thought : now when I add a song in an existing playlist, it sometimes erase other songs in that same playlist.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:20 pm
Is your documents folder synced with iCloud, and if so do you also use another computer?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:21 pm
No my documents folder isn't synced with iCloud. I sometimes use another computer as a back-up. But never had that kind of problems

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:58 pm
I have the same issue with auto mix.
I set up a playlist and then once done with VDJ, close it down. When I open it, everything is gone and the previous setup from when I last opened is still there!
This applies to any video logo I put up. Reverts back to the previous one when I last opened it!

Mensajes Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 3:41 pm
I’m having the very same issue😢I hope they fix it soon!

Mensajes Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 2:47 am
Same issue on the karaoke side. Used to work, now nothing.

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 22 @ 5:45 am