Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DDJ-RZX - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, Does anyone know if the DDJ-RZX works with Virtual DJ 2020? And also with MAC OSX Catalina?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 3:05 pm
I do not know if it works with 2020, but it works with 2021. if you have 2020 already installed, then go to settings - mapping - list all controllers. Check if RZX is in the list.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 3:19 pm
If you search the forum, you'll see that the RZX has been supported since 2018.

If you look at the Pioneer web site, you can see info regarding Catalina.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 3:29 pm
Thanks for the info. VDJ Monty and groovindj.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 4:54 pm
Also, it's not a standalone system (which you said you wanted in your other thread).

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 5:25 pm

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 5:43 pm
Sorry groovindj thought it was standalone.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:35 pm
Thank you very much for the helpful post Rune regarding the fact that the DDJ-RZX works great with Virtual DJ. So just to confirm you can use all of your song libraries from Virtual DJ, and I don't have to use rekordbox at all? So in your opinion is it worth the $2999 that it costs?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:39 pm
Works perfectly with VirtualDJ yes, using VirtualDJ song library and features... ;-)
(and no need for Rekordbox or anything else in that regards)

If its worth the cost, or if other options are better, is not really easy or possible to say.. Each user is different, some like Cola some like Pepsi ;-)
choose a controller you like, and have a feature set you appreciate and want .. to the budget you think is reasonable to spend.
Pretty much all controllers can do the job, so its just a matter of preferences what controller is "best" for you ;-)

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 6:43 pm
Thanks Rune. I really appreciate your detailed responses to all of my questions :-) A couple of other questions.

1. Have you ever had any experience where the DDJ-RZX "freezes" up on you? Because I read a review that said it froze up on him. And I don't want to spend almost 3,000 on a controller, and then have it freeze up on me, during the middle of my performance.

2. If I buy a used unit, and the seller already has rekordbox downloaded on it, I can still use it with Virtual DJ correct?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 8:05 pm
I own a DDJ-RZX and can share my experience to you:

to 1)
Yes, DDJ-RZX have some ASIO driver problems and the audio output freezes in some cases. Ive reported this to Pioneer and ive got a new beta firmware 1.11 (it is still not on the Pioneer homepage, PM me, if you want it). With this Firmware the DDJ-RZX is running rock stable with Rekordbox and with VirtualDJ.

to 2)
you cannot download anything on it. This is just a controller and needs a computer to play. You need to install Rekordbox or VirtualDJ on the computer. Sure, you can have both programs on the computer.

another point:
If you compare Rekordbox and VirtualDJ to let run it with this controller, then the master output level on Rekordbox is much louder then on VirtualDJ (around 10dB). If you want let run it with VirtualDJ, then be sure to have enough gain reserve on your PA system. If not, then use another small mixer as a signal amplifier.

another point:
If you connect a microphone to the DDJ-RZX, it will work, but the internal mic-effects are not working (the four buttons below the mic section: echo, reverb, pitch,v tune).

another point:
the "release fx" button/tilt-knob is mappable at VirtualDJ, but VirtualDJ has no usable FX for this. You cannot use this button like in Rekordbox. You need to think and decide what you want do with this button/knob.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 8:39 pm
Hi VDJ Monty, Thank you very much for your helpful and descriptive message, I really appreciate it! So based on your experience with owning the DDJ-RZX would you recommend buying one? Also, just curious do you use Rekordbox or Virtual DJ with it? Thanks again, Scott

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 9:04 pm
Yes, i recommend it. Im using VirtualDJ now, because Recordbox (5 and 6) is not able to play video without gliches. And DDJ-RZX is made for video.

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 9:53 pm
Okay thanks for the recommendation. I see where you said it is made for video, but you can use it for just audio too correct? Also, how do you handle the low master output level with Virtual DJ? You said to be sure to have enough gain reserve on my PA system. I use the Bose L1 Model II with B2 Bass Module. Do you think I will have enough gain reserve using that system? Also, can you make the waveforms in the middle screen horizontal instead of vertical?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 10:23 pm
VDJ Monty, One other question-sorry! Do you use the DDJ-RZX on a Mac? And if so, which version do you use?

Mensajes Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 10:29 pm
No Mac, Windows 10 1909 with Virtual DJ b6067.
Just ask more questions, you are welcome...

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 2:59 am
hamprzHome userMember since 2020
can you please send me the firmware i dont know how to pm you

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 10:26 am
I have been having an issue also where I would be playing a song then when i went to load in other deck and bring my crossfader over the sound turned off , I can see the led in my fader but no sound . So I closed virtual dj turned it back on and still no sound , I then turn on rekordbox and then i got sound , so then i closed it and reopened virtual dj and then its working again wtf ? Anyways i here there is a 1.11 firmware , where can i download that because I heard its working correct

Mensajes Thu 10 Dec 20 @ 2:24 am
Monty, is this an issue with the standard RZ as well. I have had horrible problems with the asio drivers on my RZ and my 3 laptops will have asio issues nightly. I have been screaming my lungs out in my dj booth. I even bought a new laptop and had it crash on me, and well.. asio driver error from the crash log.

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 20 @ 12:39 am
No, RZ does not suffer from this bug.

Mensajes Wed 16 Dec 20 @ 2:41 am
74%