Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Supriess SongInfo metadata on one deck.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Everyone,

Been searching for several days now. Can't seem to find a solution that fits. Maybe I am not using the proper terminology.
However, here is what i would like to know.

I have my mic going through deck 3 with the following command: deck 3 linein
I have also tried deck 3 linein 'mic' on
What i see in the deck is "Microphone Input" When I bring up the volume for deck 3 while streaming, it sends Microphone Input. I would prefer to have deck 3 send nothing when I bring the mic up.

I also have already tried:
broadcastSongInfo = Yes
broadcastSongInfoFormat = DJ Someone - The name of your show
as well as
1. broadcastSongInfo = No
2. broadcastSongInfoFormat =

It still sends Microphone Input because that is what is still displayed. If I cant suppress it completely, I would like to have something like:
broadcastSongInfo = Yes
broadcastSongInfoFormat = DJ Someone - The name of your show

However, I have tried all these options already and it still sends Microphone Input when i bring the volume fader up for that deck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 11:50 pm
Is there any particular reason why you're routing it through a deck rather than the mic input?

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 8:09 am
groovindj wrote :
Is there any particular reason why you're routing it through a deck rather than the mic input?

I will answer the question with a question.

If I answer your question, do you have a solution?

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 3:59 am
@ DJ Stonn

Would this new plugin Mic Aux Release Sampler FXs MARS (added a few days ago, 10-18-20) by Nicotux provide an easy solution to adding affects to your mic.
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=81094

No need to run mic as line in on a deck to get effects and have full control of them.
I find this Plugin amazing and so easy to use on the pads.

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 7:44 am
DJ Stonn wrote :

If I answer your question, do you have a solution?

If I say the solution is to use the mic input, will you stop being awkward?

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 8:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As stated above, best would be to not route your Mic to a Deck. Reason is a Deck with Mic Input (which is always "playing") will eventually become MASTER, so its Info will be routed to the Broadcast Info message.
If for any reason you still need to route the Mic to a Deck, your only solution is to manually set a different Deck as MASTER and when done with the Mic to go back to auto-Master selection. I could provide details on this - if you dont know how to do it - but really routing Mic to a proper Microphone Input makes things easier.

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 20 @ 9:32 am
djdad wrote :
As stated above, best would be to not route your Mic to a Deck. Reason is a Deck with Mic Input (which is always "playing") will eventually become MASTER, so its Info will be routed to the Broadcast Info message.
If for any reason you still need to route the Mic to a Deck, your only solution is to manually set a different Deck as MASTER and when done with the Mic to go back to auto-Master selection. I could provide details on this - if you dont know how to do it - but really routing Mic to a proper Microphone Input makes things easier.

Actually no. There is more to it then just the use of effects. Lets see if I can put this with out being hyper critical. The mic input through VDJ is lacking. I have the mic volume cranked and its comparative output onto a stream is poor at best. I have no trouble using the same mic in other programs. The competition has no trouble using my mic with an acceptable volume as I stream. I would need another add on to amplify the sound via a 3rd party program. (Yes I have checked all the settings in Windows) But, if I route it through a deck I have better control over the volume on the stream. Much much better control. And I would be happy to make one deck master by default and stay that way. I use the Automix function to play and have control over my music so setting one deck as master and keeping it there is quite alright with me.

Mensajes Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 3:09 am
DJ Stonn wrote :
djdad wrote :

Actually no. There is more to it then just the use of effects. Lets see if I can put this with out being hyper critical. The mic input through VDJ is lacking. I have the mic volume cranked and its comparative output onto a stream is poor at best. I have no trouble using the same mic in other programs. The competition has no trouble using my mic with an acceptable volume as I stream. I would need another add on to amplify the sound via a 3rd party program. (Yes I have checked all the settings in Windows) But, if I route it through a deck I have better control over the volume on the stream. Much much better control. And I would be happy to make one deck master by default and stay that way. I use the Automix function to play and have control over my music so setting one deck as master and keeping it there is quite alright with me.

[Edit}
Just wanted to add that every VDJ dj I know who streams with VDJ, needs a 3rd party program to amplify the signal when using the mic input. Most use a relay or 3rd party software amp. There are 4 at one streaming station I work at, and there are 2 others at a virtual nightclub on a different stream who need some sort of "help". That is the biggest reason for doing through a deck.

Mensajes Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 12:08 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
fine, so why not just map a custom slider to "gain 'mic'" (default to 0.5) or add a 3rd party software amp vst effect to mic ?

Mensajes Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 12:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)