Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: VDJ 8.5 freezes when loading karaoke video on deck 2
Hello there,

First of all, apologies if such a topic is already on the forum (I did an extensive search thou).

This freeze happens randomly when I load the next video to the 2nd deck. But only at the venue where I dj in; HDMI output thru a long hdmi cable to the HDMI 8-ports splitter.

I did notice that when I connect my laptop to the venue's HDMI network, the screen resolution of my laptop jumps to the highest. When I forced the screen res of my laptop to 1600 : 900 it did not freeze for about 2 hours, but then again started to freeze randomly.

The freeze happens ONLY with the videos that I've put lyrics on top through the Video Edit feature of VDJ8. The freeze is short, around 1-3 seconds, but it does stop music and video and I have to restart the VDJ app in order to continue, otherwise id does not unfreeze by itself - ie with VDJ crashguard feature.

I have an ASUS ROG G75VW 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, 2013 build, i7/16gbRAM/Nvidia670M with 6GB ram dedicated, and 1 SSD 256 GB plus 1 TB HDD.

When I try to repeat these freezes at home (when connected to my big TV) it never happens.

What do you suggest I can change in the configuration I have so I dont have these embarrassing freezes?

Cheers,
Erion

Mensajes Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 1:08 pm
The freezes happen also with my newest purchase MSI Thin GF76, 16 GB RAM, i5 10300, Nvidia GTX 4gb ram, 512 SSD and 1 TB SSD. It is driving me nuts.

When I play videos without the overlaid lyrics everything is ok.

Mensajes Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 2:54 pm
Hey guys, no one can give me any clues / tips on this?

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 10:49 am
I had to roll back on a much earlier version of Virtual DJ 8.3 (2018). Now I do not have any freezes.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 12:54 pm