Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stable working version of Virtual DJ - Page: 2
Thing is Don, you look in to things too deep.
As a VDJ user since 2008 I've never had any real issues with it using both stable and pre release versions.

Yes, when 8 came out it was a mess, but it was just a case of using 7 until a lot of bugs were ironed out.

It's never crashed on me in the hundreds and hundreds of gigs I have done, and Adion, George and Babis have helped me personally with new features, skins, mappers etc.

Not sure why you're so bitter as from an actual working DJs perspective it's one of the best things out there.

Try getting that level of personal support from Adobe, Microsoft etc.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:15 pm
I look into things extremely deep it is what I do and I know about these things hands down. If you want more respect then you need to do these things. If you don't care then your set. I said I don't have to argue with anyone about these things because it is common sense except here.

I am just telling it like it is from experience. I rarely say anything that I do not know a ton about. And by the way you don't have to look deep at all to find the problems.

Like I said the bugs are easy to find. And with all your experience you can't find any? Many of them point to amateur for those who know what they are looking at. I would think they would focus on cleaning them up to get more respect.

I am never bitter. They should very much take it as constructive criticism and it can make a difference. Just don't get it.

In the meantime we all know you want your star back that got taken away and you will continue to make false statements in order to get it back. Did they take it away for accidentally telling the truth or something? That kind stuff is part of the problem and hurts the end users.

These pages are loaded with false information. People are sent on wild goose chases frequently. The blame game is in full swing. You call that customer support?

I don't get angry. It makes feel bad and is a waste of time.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 8:47 pm
Don Moir wrote :
In the meantime we all know you want your star back that got taken away and you will continue to make false statements in order to get it back. Did they take it away for accidentally telling the truth or something? That kind stuff is part of the problem and hurts the end users.

Well you're so wrong. I asked to be demoted after having an argument with Rune about the VDJ8 development. The company offered me to be promoted again to do beta testing but I declined.

Sorry Don, I just see you as a bitter individual. I have no allegiance to Atomic whatsoever .. I just like the product and it has made me a lot of money over the years with very little hassle.

My basement floorboards are a bit rotten but the floor is still stable. My car has a bit of rust but still gets me from A to B. You are just posting this to stick the boot in. Are you just jealous because they won't give you a job to develop the video side?

Mensajes Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 9:04 pm
Well last time I had a post similar to this you were ranting about getting your star back which has been awhile. Good to see you declined maybe there is hope for you.

And there you go. I guess posting false information or things you have no clue about is hard to loose.

I am always smiling man. You guys have trouble with the truth. They should go that route but I have no clue why they are like they are. There are some respectable there and just don't know how they deal with it. Don't get it.

I said a few times that I would not want to work for Atomix. I would have to tell the truth :)

I get nothing and want nothing from Atomix. I am being kind with my time and you should like that because it could and has helped. I hate to see something that could be good go down the path it is.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jan 22 @ 9:27 pm
I just downloaded the most recent VERSION of Virtual DJ 2021 and it has messed up other software programs Audio meaning I have NO SOUND from other programs. The moment I pull up Virtual DJ, my other programs totally lose sound. In fact the icons of other programs disappear off my desktop Equalizer. Its like it cancels out everything else. I even uninstalled VDJ and reinstalled it. Nothing changed. Still messed up, So, Does
Anyone have the previous version of Virtual DJ? It worked fine! I hesitate to use any updates now. This is totally MESSED UP!

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 5:48 am
DJWildHoney wrote :
I just downloaded the most recent VERSION of Virtual DJ 2021 and it has messed up other software programs Audio meaning I have NO SOUND from other programs. The moment I pull up Virtual DJ, my other programs totally lose sound. In fact the icons of other programs disappear off my desktop Equalizer. Its like it cancels out everything else. I even uninstalled VDJ and reinstalled it. Nothing changed. Still messed up, So, Does
Anyone have the previous version of Virtual DJ? It worked fine! I hesitate to use any updates now. This is totally MESSED UP!

That is usually the exclusive audio setting in VDJ

If so it won't help to go back a version
But in case you want to do that, it's available here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 6:54 am
Thank you Klaus. I will uninstall and try that link, Thank you. Now if that does not fix it, what were you saying about the Audio settings?

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 9:40 am
DJWildHoney wrote :
I will uninstall and try that link, Thank you. Now if that does not fix it, what were you saying about the Audio settings?

Yes, the first thing to test is if exclusiveAudioAccess is set to yes

For most people it's a good setting because then nothing messes with your DJ audio output - but if you want other audio sources to come though, then it should be set to no

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 9:43 am
DJWildHoney wrote :

It all depends on what you define as a "mess up"
For most, a mess up would be to hear windows sounds (like when a warning box shows up) during a dj set.
Most professional (and even a lot of semi professional) controllers and sound interfaces offer ASIO drivers that among other things ensure that only ONE application can use them at any given time.
But even without ASIO it's easy enough to tell windows to give exclusive access to a sound interface to a given application.
For a DJ application that makes perfect sense, since not only it protect the sound output from accidental audio playback, but also allows for faster communication with the device (lower latency)

So.. All of the above are not a "mess up" for most users.

The good thing is that you can always change the setting as klaus pointed above and have every application being audible while you are dj-ing.

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 11:40 am
I found that changing that one setting fixed all the audio issues I was having with other applications. Thank you both for your kind attention and help on this. I am able to do what I need to do without issue. Thank you!

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 3:09 pm
From what the user said when he installed new version VDJ did not honor the previous setting. Not sure how you can assume otherwise without knowing more. Suspicious that neither one of you mentioned it. Maybe you did not mention it because you knew that would happen and wanted to cover it up. Not like it has not happened before. Maybe he uninstalled old version which removed that setting.

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 3:39 pm
Hey Folks,

I think it's interesting that so man words have been spent to this thread while others, like mine, stay uncommented.
I described a problem that have been introduces in some of the latest builds. It is reproduceable as described in the post. I am willing to help to provide data that can fix the bug.
But no one commented or contacted me. The bug is a crash to desktop and is serious to me.

Most likely it has not anything to do with the hardware, because older builds have been running stable until now and I did not change any hardware or software in between.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/244988/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Build_6800_keeps_crashing.html

Don't get me wrong. But for me as a customer I feel sad, seeing people defending themselves with a lot of effort as seen in this thread, instead of helping me with my very real problem :-(

Cheers Jochen

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 4:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The default for exclusiveAudioAccess is off and has been since the start.
It is also not an option that has ever been changed automatically.

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 4:56 pm
As it should be. What do you think happened? Maybe changed inadvertently but kind of strange anyway.

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 5:10 pm
@Don users tend to fool around settings. Also a lot of them don't pay attention on what they do/change, nor they remember what they did.
Finally you assume that users are always honest while we are not.
I won't comment on that..

But there are only 2 possible explanations:
1) User changed the setting
2) User had the setting changed long time ago, but had his soundcard set to not allow to be used exclusively, and recently changed that setting.

You can pick whichever case you like and move on from there.
A "third" option (like VirtualDj did it because it's extremely buggy) does not exist because even if VirtualDj was to reset all the settings, it would use the default option which is "off"

Mensajes Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 5:18 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
@Don users tend to fool around settings. Also a lot of them don't pay attention on what they do/change.

Rather than confuse things more by trying to redefine what the user meant by messed up, a simple follow up to what Klaus said would have been good. Users will do what you allow them to do. Knowing that you offer no protection for most things. There is no way to cancel most things. No undo / redo anywhere. In settings some things happen immediately and some things happen on next restart and you have no idea when that will happen for most things since you don't tend to warn about anything and is completely lame. Your sensitive files are open to abuse since there is no protection for them. This is due to your own ineptitude. I wonder how many man hours you waste trying to blame something else for things that you don't do or are completely your fault. Some of these don't take long at all to make better. Some of these things you don't do are standard practice. You simply choose not to do them or don't know that you should do them. Instead you choose to waste a lot of time trying to explain them away. Since a database implies security calling a a flat file with no protection a database is ridiculous.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Finally you assume that users are always honest while we are not.

So you are trying to defend your honesty with a false statement... Why in hell would I assume users are honest? Oh you made it up so you can try and make yourself look better. It is standard practice here to make something up, blame something else, or even directly lie to make yourselves look better. It is blatantly obvious and many know this. People getting new stars or new employees sometimes appear to be forced to say something that is not true.

It was you who stated that new features are sometimes forced on you so you can try them out. Since this is not something most companies are going to do to their users here are 3 things that statement could be.

1) you are clueless
2) you absolutely hate your client base
3) it's a lie

I don't think it's 1 or 2.

I assume you force these new features on users so they will test them which is not real testing at all. Since it is a really dumb thing to do to your users I can't think of anything else it could be. I guess it is the cost of your FREE updates. I think many would prefer periodic payments for actual real testing which would mean many things to fix if you actually cared or maybe you would just ignore them like you do for many things you know about and don't fix now.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
A "third" option (like VirtualDj did it because it's extremely buggy) does not exist because even if VirtualDj was to reset all the settings, it would use the default option which is "off"

The third option does exist. Since there is no protection for your sensitive files it could happen with file corruption, VDJ writing something incorrectly, or user messing with the files. Once my settings file was completely screwed up by VDJ. I have seen garbage in them which appears like some overwrite issue but could be something else. When VDJ8 first arrived it had ridiculous bad behavior. I and others mentioned an easy fix which was ignored. That was was fixed about a year later. There has always been flaky behavior in VDJ8. Based on that you can't rule anything out that might have been inadvertently caused by VDJ.

Like I have said I don't get why you find it necessary to do the things you do. Like place the blame elsewhere even when some of it is an easy fix and many other things. I don't expect Adion to handle most of the work. I don't know if he has any help. Sometimes an explanation is given like Adion hasn't gotten to this or that when others should be doing the things that are not directly programming related. I think maybe some in your company know when things are wrong.

I can't come up with a reasonable explanation why you do the things you do. Maybe VDJ is just a side thing you do to have fun and to see how many you can irritate. Maybe VDJ is not it at all and it is an experiment in mind control. I was thinking the other night it might be that you need a million man army for some future mission and need the potential solders to do anything you say when the time comes. This all sounds silly but to me not as silly as the things you do.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 9:42 am
Don Moir wrote :
People getting new stars

Stars are so 2000. Nobody cares about them. If you work for the company and get paid they're probably worth something otherways it's just a gimmick. They give you access to a different forum and let you moderate posts .... woop dee doo. The forum itself is just there because it is. Most of the customer interface is on Facebook now.

Oh and in all companies employees need to be positve about the product. Not just Atomix.

Really, if you're so pissed off with this terrible product and it's dodgy programming then stop using it and stop developing plugins for it. As I stated before it just works for me and has done for years now (only thing is the remote app needs an update but it's being worked on). Just walk away and let your blood pressure go down. Seriously.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 10:38 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Stars are so 2000.

The thing I said was not about stars was it? I always though them useless but for many they appear very important to have including yourself. You have been mentioning getting the star you lost back in several post including last year sometime which was 2021 but guess you changed it to 2000. The thing I said was about the false statement they are apparently forced to make after getting them. For a long time I have thought the more stars you have the less you could be trusted. Not always but as a rule of thumb. That thinking came from the star reward program. It is fine to promote your company. Marketing people are skilled at smoothing things over when necessary. Here is it absolute bullshit to justify ineptitude. You and others have no problem saying anything trying to justify problems. Even VDJ after all these years will lie about a problem and send users on a wild goose chase. It really doesn't get dumber than that.

You have called me bitter and pissed off... I am generally neither of those. Feel free to continue to make anything up like you mostly do. I made my post on behalf of the end user. You and others make most of your post for your own self interest and many times at the expense of the end user and try to call that good customer support.

As a rule of thumb the only thing I can say about these pages is don't believe anything you read here.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 10:58 am
Maybe the issue is that the company aren't going out of their way to integrate your plugins?

Recently I have had a lot of help from Babis (modifying a skin to add banks of custom buttons) and from George who basically created a custom video skin for me from scratch (must have taken him quite a few hours of his own time).
Adion had also added features for me like the Automix radio mode and several others over the years.

I've never had so much help from a software company ever, and although VDJ has literally millions of users I have found the people here to be friendly and very helpful on a personal level.

Contrast this with the likes of Denon DJ who don't even reply to emails, don't respond to what customers actually want then completely screw up their updates literally every time.

Can't ask for more than that as an end user, considering I haven't paid them a penny since 2008.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 11:20 am
My post are not about me. I don't care if they promote anything for me.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jan 22 @ 11:23 am
87%