Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can you scratch with knobs?
VHPHDJHome userMember since 2022
I have a midi controller with a lot of knobs but no jogwheels. is it possible to assign scratches to knobs so I could scratch with it?
It's limited knobs like a slider and sends slider messages.
For example, when I twist the knob clockwise, it scratch forward, and when i twist the knob counterclockwise, it scratch backward. Is there a possible way to do that?

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 1:13 pm
VHPHDJ wrote :
a midi controller

Don't you think it would be helpful to tell us what MIDI controller it is?

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 3:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@groovin, not really a dial is a dial.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 5:27 pm
@groovindj it's Worlde Easycontrol.9, if it helps.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 5:48 pm
I think the problem will be with resolution. The knobs only send values between 0 and 127 (they're 7 bit) but jog wheels are more likely to have 14 bit resolution and send thousands of values.

In other words the accuracy would be very low if you tried to scratch with a knob.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:13 pm
But I'm not looking for a very professional Dj solution for now, just trying to make use of what I got, and get some better result than scratching with a PC keyboard.
I just learnt some basic vdj script, but I still can't find a way to map the decrement/increment of a knob to a scratch. Any ideas?

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:26 pm
I have a suggestion . Look for a used controller . I have bought them for as cheap as 30$.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 6:38 pm
@Stretchincanada thanks but I won't be able to buy things online for like half a month. I might get a DJ controller later, and I'll still try to figure something out during this period.

Mensajes Sun 23 Jan 22 @ 7:02 pm