Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Denon X1850 + Pair of SC6000
kpmasPRO SubscriberMember since 2008
Hey folks .. I see others on here running Denon X1850 and SC6000's so hoping someone can help me. I started out in the Denon world with EngineOS and for various reasons I dropped that. Migrated to Serato and found the lack of waveforms in HID mode rather lacking ... kind of defeats the purpose of buying these players. Moving right along, VDJ was recommended and I started using it over the past while ... really really like it!

However - I'm running into an issue where the players lose connection it seems in the middle of a set. This has come and gone ... for a while I was losing folders in the middle of a set as well. When the folder issue was happening I rebuilt/reinstalled everything from scratch and that seems to have solved that particular problem (assume it was something in OS from installing all kinds of other music software over the years - fair enough).

MacBook Pro (mid 2015) with I7 processor and 16G RAM, 512G SSD. Media files are stored on a Samsung SSD external drive. From there I have a 4 port USB hub (active) and it connects out to the players and mixer.

To clarify, when I say "lose connection" above, the music keeps playing but the screen on the SC6000 either goes to "computer mode" or just freezes. In most situations I still have button control, which makes it even more strange in my opinion but may support a USB bandwidth issue or something?

The logical thing here is to assume the USB is an issue .... but if I fire up Serato and play for a couple of hours I do not see this issue. If I fire up VDJ for a couple of hours I will see the issue happen. I'm happy to swap out USB cables and change the hub even but ....

So hoping that someone who is running similar can chime in with any issues (or lack of issues) they have and of course share any thoughts :)

Thank you.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 2:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So you have all 4 devices (X1850, 2xSC6000, HD) on a single USB hub ?
If so, i can explain both lost folders and device screen, and that's probably some temporary USB connection fault, some low-voltage supply.
On brief disconnections the Denon SDK may not report the loss of the screen, so VDJ may not try to reconnect to it.
Have you tried to unplug and replug the SC6000 ?

Next time it happens, you can go to VirtualDJ Mapping tab and right-click on the SC6000 device , choose to "Reconnect" and see if that helps.
But i think that your issue needs to be addressed on the source of the problem and most likely it's the USB hub.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 10:03 pm
Thank you .. I am still searching for clues on what can cause this. Fired up Serato and did several sets without issue. Now I would imagine that Serato uses less USB bandwidth as it does a poor job on displaying waveforms for example. I also tried bypassing my USB hub and daiychaining via the built-in hubs on the Denons - it resulted the first time in zero issues after playing 6 hours however the next day I was less than an hour into the set and ran into issues.

I have only 2 USB ports on my Mac and one port is dedicated to my external SSD drive. I could try putting two hubs and split things I suppose… not thinking that will help though for some reason.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 1:02 am
I should also add that my DMX controller is plugged into the hub as well and the DMX software is running on the same machine. Soundswitch is the system. Thanks …

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 22 @ 1:05 am
Circling back on my own post here in case someone else runs into the issues I was describing. I haven't had an issue in a while now .... using it daily. The only thing I can figure out is that by switching around some of the USB hubs that I somehow "solved" this issue. Hope that helps despite being vague .. it's all still the same hardware but plugged some stuff into different places and no issues since. Thank you.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 5:31 pm
kpmas wrote :
Circling back on my own post here in case someone else runs into the issues I was describing. I haven't had an issue in a while now .... using it daily. The only thing I can figure out is that by switching around some of the USB hubs that I somehow "solved" this issue. Hope that helps despite being vague .. it's all still the same hardware but plugged some stuff into different places and no issues since. Thank you.

still think you will have issues due to 1 usb hub running everything.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 10:15 pm
burnyabad wrote :
kpmas wrote :

still think you will have issues due to 1 usb hub running everything.

I split the system into two different USB hubs and now the issue has returned. I was fine for almost a month of using the system. When the system "locks up" I was able once to change the setting in VDJ from Denon X1850 mixer to built-in sound card and then flip back ... this worked for a few minutes. Then the system went offline again. Rebooting the players and mixer does not bring the system back online .. only by rebooting my MacBook was I able to restore things. Lately I've been running without SoundSwitch software (for my DMX lighting) and waiting to see if it happens again. I suspect something weird with SoundSwitch because the software very often goes into the spinning wheel in the background despite the lights continuing to function. Having said that sometimes the lighting stops working too (not often but has happened).

On a side note, I played a set the other night in stand alone mode without VDJ and had zero issues. I'm not saying VDJ is the issue because I know for sure it's not. One of the other times it locked up I switched over to Serato and same lock up conditions occurred.

This is kind of driving me nuts haha ...

Mensajes Sat 25 Jun 22 @ 3:35 pm
chrisPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
I've experienced the same exact problem on Windows and only a reboot of the whole computer fixes the problem. Currently the SC6000s are connected to a USB hub. I'm going to move the SC6000's to individually plug directly into the computer. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Mensajes Fri 05 May 23 @ 12:23 am