Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Jog wheels don't work like I want them to.
I use the Hercules DJControl Starlight with VDJ. (By the way, I have the same problem with Serato DJ as well).

When I turn the jog wheel very slowly, the sound sounds stuttering, with small dropouts and trembling.

If I move the jog wheel faster, there are no dropouts and no stuttering.

Could it be the internal sensor of the jogs? That they don't have such a high resolution and therefore stutter when moving slowly?

Unfortunately, the VDJ setting for the jogs with scratch did not result in any improvement either.

Is there any way in VDJ to change the jogs there somehow?

I just want to know if it's unfortunately a technical limitation or if it's a limitation that can be fixed in VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 9:53 am
Starlight sends 256 ticks per rotation.
That's not a great resolution for jogs if you want to scratch.
Pioneer REV1 has 720 ticks per rotation, Pioneer DDJ-FLX6 has 6480 and others have even more.
So yes, your issue is a technical one. You need to turn the jog 1,4 degrees for it to send a message that the jog has been moved (where in others you need to turn it just 0.05 degrees)

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 12:31 pm
Thank you PhantomDeejay,

that's a statement I can really relate to. I even wrote to Herculesdj support, but they didn't want to tell me what the resolution of the jogs was, nor did they want to know about any problems.

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 4:24 pm