Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: ability to change the order of the instant filters
it seems like its not possible to swap around the order of the instant filters in the browser
so if you think of a new one, you have to redo all of them if you want to put it in a certain order
it would be nice to be able to change the order of them as we add new ones

would also be great if we could see all of them in the pop out menu instead of having to scroll for them as seen in image 1, there is a lot of unused empty space in this menu , while some of the filters are hidden from view.

also it would be nice if these buttons could be able to fill the full area at the top of the search bar area. it stops arbitrarily at a certain point as seen in image 2

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 9:14 am
It's easier to edit them in the settings.xml file, that's what I do.

Would be great to be able to choose the order though .... agreed.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 9:48 am
And remember, if one changes the order of the instant filters.. all the scripts using custom_filter (if any) need to be updated..

IE quick_filter 2 may need to be updated to say quick_filter 4 in each of your custom buttons, and mappings.. and is why I do not (and would not) change the order of instant filters.

----------
color filters. it is necessary to change order for correct function..though
and they are not used in external scripting

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 6:46 pm
I just edit them in a text file I keep then paste them back in to the settings.xml

Mensajes Thu 23 Jun 22 @ 9:37 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
And remember, if one changes the order of the instant filters.. all the scripts using custom_filter (if any) need to be updated..

IE quick_filter 2 may need to be updated to say quick_filter 4 in each of your custom buttons, and mappings.. and is why I do not (and would not) change the order of instant filters.

----------
color filters. it is necessary to change order for correct function..though
and they are not used in external scripting

theoretically if the filters went by name instead of number this could be possible though no?
i dont know how much of a disruption this would be to implement though.

OR
if the filters were clearly numbered in the menu, so that reordering them could be done just for visual convenience, but you could see the original number of each one.

Mensajes Sat 25 Jun 22 @ 5:14 pm