Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: PC not powerful enough for real-time STEMS.....errrrm??
I'm a little bit disappointed to say the least; and am hoping there is a setting that I've overlooked.

Just bought a new Surface Pro 8 with i7 (1185G7 @ 3.00GHz) and 16GB ram. This was bought especially because I knew VDJ needed grunt for stems.

I have realtime separation enabled and "dont use GPU" is checked (as its an Intel Iris Xe)

Please advise!

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 6:40 pm
Should have done your homework dude. Iris XE is basic on-chip graphics and will NOT support realtime stems as you observed. The CPU and RAM of the unit is largely irellevant as it's the graphics card CUDA cores (or Neural Engine on a Mac) that do the processing. No surface will process stems in real time. Relying on CPU only will massively increase the calculation times and only allow precompute or on demand only albeit very slowly.

The surface Pro is distinctly average but costs a lot.

There's been a sticky on the forum for ages now. Basically you need GTX/RTX graphics with a minimum of 6gb VRAM or Mac M1/M2 for realtime.

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/249163/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/VirtualDJ_2023___Stems_2_0_-_FAQ.html

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 6:47 pm
Looks like I will have to investigate further. Thanks for the link...

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 6:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, not exactly sure how you came up with that processor when looking for a powerful CPU.
The 1185G7 is only a 4-core/8-thread cpu, with a TDP between 12W and 28W
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208664/intel-core-i71185g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-80-ghz-with-ipu.html

Laptops that are configured with a powerful CPU will typically use the H series. For 11th gen that would be the 11800H for example, with 8-core/16-threads and TDP up to 45W
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/213803/intel-core-i711800h-processor-24m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

Also 12th gen cpu's which are another bit faster are available for some time now.

Still they would probably only just be capable to use stems 2.0 in real-time. For that you indeed need a good GPU.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 11:27 pm
Due to my love of VDJ I have bitten the bullet and got myself an i7 12700H, 16Gb, rtx3060 (6Gbvram) laptop....
I shall let you know how it goes, fingers and toes crossed!

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 10:03 pm
VDJ Rob G wrote :
Due to my love of VDJ I have bitten the bullet and got myself an i7 12700H, 16Gb, rtx3060 (6Gbvram) laptop....

This CPU and GPU works fine , I have the same

Mensajes Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 10:42 pm
VDJ Rob G wrote :

Same here - pretty much my spec and runs without any issues

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 10:30 am
How long does it take to load stems on a 3 minute track with the RTX3060?

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 11:33 am
kradcliffe wrote :
How long does it take to load stems on a 3 minute track with the RTX3060?

Was that question regarding using real time stems or to prepare the stems?

I personally never prepare any stems as the 3060 seems to do a great job in real time, so only use it that way.
So by the time i have loaded a track and need to mix it in the real time stems has already completed processing, so never felt the need to time it.

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 2:23 pm