Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: DDJ-RZ and FX 1/2 buttons
uvnoisePRO SubscriberMember since 2018
I'm a bit lost here. I use a Pioneer DDJ-RX at home and on mobile gigs, and a Pioneer DDJ-RZ in one of the clubs I regularly work at. At the top of each fader channel is an FX button 1 and 2. On the DDR-RX, this works like switching between two "banks" of FX in VDJ, so it's like having six effects selectable and which ones are in operation depends on which bank is selected. Either the "1" or "2" button will light accordingly to show which bank is selected.

On the DDJ-RZ, while I believe these buttons worked identically when the device was first connected to VDJ, they now serve only to copy the selected effects from either deck 1 or 2, so only 3 FX can be used directly from the controller. Additionally, these buttons never light.

I suspect I *must* have changed an option within VDJ at some point, but I'm completely lost as to what option that might have been or how to undo it. The VDJ documentation doesn't appear to elaborate on how this function works on my DDJ-RX. Any direction would be hugely appreciated.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 3:06 am
Those buttons are indeed programmed to copy effects from one deck to another.
When the controller was originally released there was no "FX banks" implemented in VirtualDJ.

If you want to use the buttons to make use of the FX Banks, you need to remap them:
<map value="FX1_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_load 1" />
<map value="FX2_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_load 2" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX1_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_save 1" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX2_ASSIGN" action="effect_bank_save 2" />

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 10:43 am
Very helpful, thanks!

Presumably the reason it's not mentioned in the online manual for that controller is because the version of VDJ released at the time was the version without effects banks. That makes sense.

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 8:00 pm

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 8:49 pm
I meant the bit about copying banks, which I find a much more useful way of utilizing these buttons.

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 3:50 am