Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My tips on how to improve the sound quality "WORTH READING"

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been using Atomix for a while now and although sometimes i don't believe the sound quality is as bad as some make out it isn't quite up to notch with say winamp and that sort of program. But heck I am never ditching Atomixm, I love it.

So heres my experience with a sb live! using 3d and connecting it up to the mixer. I know many of you use this setup so its why I'm writing this

I normally go to the mixer settings in my creative software (you all know the one I'm talking about...I hope) and increase the bass and treble up to about 60%. Then when u load atomix it has that extra kick in bass which it really needs and the hi's sound more prominent (much better). This really does make Atomix sound a lot better. Those cracks and pops I hear people complaining about I have never ever come across in my years of playing with Atomix - Just for the record I always use 192kbits bitrate though.

Okay, so for playing live this is great. However when you record your mix (ie I do this by sending the input back into my soundcard from the mixer and using total recorder) and then you switch back to 2-speaker mode the mix just doesn't sound quite the same as it did when you played it. The hi's and lo's are sort of dulled. I'm not too sure why this is but its to do with the way the sound is produced by the card when in 2 / 4 speaker mode.

Blah blah, anyway once you've recorded it. Put the bass and treble up to 60% again, and it'll sound a bit better, but run a winamp prog called dfx 6 over the top and obviously play back the mix in winamp too get it sounding as good as you can and tweak with the settings of dfx (its an audio enhancer) and u can get your mix sounding really sweet, even better than it did when u mixed it (I was quite amazed with this the 1st time I did it). Finally, play the mix with all these settings on and record it again, back thru the mixer and into the soundcard (via input line, hehe if u didn't know) and WALAH. When you play that file back it is perfect and ready to be burnt. Just remember when you play the fixed up version don't put the bass/treble up cos it will probably ruin it and maybe leave the dfx thing off too, but I have done this many times and I am very happy with the results.

i think you will be too. Comments, questions send em too
nivek14@hotmail.com

Also if anyone does anything diff or can do it better, plz post a response
Later Kevin

Mensajes Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 9:17 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just use the original rips (or high bitrate mp3 if I dont have a particular mix) and master it with a sound editing software. I mainly use Atomix to come up with a mix, then go by that and use the original wavs to remake the mix.

Grimm

Mensajes Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 11:45 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
my solution to sound quality:

atomixmp3 out two soundboards to an A&H mixer.. A&H mixer to an EQ, to a hardware audio compressor then a stereo expander/bass maximizer, into my amp and a minidisc deck.

works like a charm :)

-nate

Mensajes Fri 09 Aug 02 @ 10:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)