Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Woohoo! My skins finally up! (Atomix 1280)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Such a great feeling to see my creation up in the skins section. ;)

If you haven't given it a look yet, please do and give me some feedback! I want to design more skins with the users in mind, which is how I tried to design this one. And yes, it is abit rough, but its is my first skin ever for anything. ;)

If you have tried it out, you'll notice that most of the sliders get finer control when you use it with the mouse. I myself, use very little shortcuts and rely more on the mouse to do everything. I also placed all the controls I use the most towards the center of the screen so the mouse doesn't have to jump around all over the place. I mirrored most of the controls, but kept the EQ's and CUE buttons in left to right order since many of you may be used to it that way.

Please give me suggestions or improvements to the skin you can think of! Want longer EQ's and smaller text windows? Do you think I sould reorder some of the controls? Want more information and less controls (although the point of a large skin is to have finer control)? Tell me!

Regards,
Grimm

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 10:37 am
congratulations Grimm, very good skin.
I was feeling the same as you when my first skin was online.
I have not test the skin by now but i will do that as soon as i can.
Looks very professionel too.
Maybe you could enlarge the font-hight in the Browser a little bit. But that's only my opinion.

Hope we will see some more skins from you in the future!

greetz,
Janosch

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 1:02 pm
It looks good and handles like a dream!

I have no problem with the cursor moving around as I also tend to use the sliders more than the shortcuts and it's well structured and easy to use...
I just miss three buttons on each player (sync beat/pitch/gain independantly per channel) and I would have put the beat-indicators a bit closer together... sort of like in Darkfun or JN's Silver where you have two (rather small) beatindicators side by side so you can really focus on them to see if it's really in sync...

But all in all it's a GREAT skin :)

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 2:35 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks Janosch, but its you I sould be thanking alot. ;)

I used your Denon 1800F skin as inspiration for mine. I liked the whole layout, but the controls were just to jumpy for my taste. Thats when I decided to make my own skin and went to up in screen size. Your xml code also made it fairly easy to learn the xml commands and such, as the reference sheet on the Atomix website doesn't really have any examples to follow.
I hope that many will respond on what they would like to see in a skin, so that I can come out with something else as well. And I'm honing my "paint" skills to make any future skins abit more appeasing to the eyes. ;)

Regard
Grimm

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 11:00 pm
hehe... appeasing to the eyes?
You should see my work in progress: it's as appeasing to the eyes as sticking a red hot poker in the corner of your eye...kinda... schemtic circles, boxes and rounded squares in different colors just to see were it all would fit best..
and I have just realized how much the placement of the controls really mean :)

Mensajes Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 11:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)