Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: ********* IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SKIN MAKERS ***********

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have discovered something (if you don't already know) ...

One thing that really slows down skins and the program is when you reference the curve image to another part of the bitmap. Ex:

(rhythm)
(size width="750" height="100"/)
(pos x="25" y="14"/)
(chan1 x="25" y="1425"/)
(chan2 x="25" y="614"/)
(both x="25" y="1525"/)
(/rhythm)

The skin runs WAY faster when you define the curve image as a predefined colour. Ex:

(rhythm)
(color chan1="1" chan2="9" both="7"/)
(/rhythm)

Try it ... AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF !!!

triplikeido

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 1:52 am
yeah trip, we know. but the colors are limited that way. i'd rather just make the color i want. i make my skins in 800x600 so already it's gonna be rather fast.

i think you should try your own skin. it's not that hard and you know all the xml tags and stuff. you should give it a shot.

phatty720
dave

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 2:21 am
(nt = no text)

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 7:43 am
Damn!.. I was gonna reset/clear it..
...anyways...

Yes, fixed standard VGA-colors over the beatgraph is way faster but I prefer the kinda see-through look you get on the default skin rather than a big singlecolor rectangles :o)
Maybe it's just me but I want it to look good too :o)

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 7:46 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I cant recall from the last skin I made, but since it uses the XML language, and its basically a cousin to HTML, can't we use the HTML format of defining colors? You know, the xx,xx,xx with the color values in hex format? I think we can do that with the text now.

Grimm

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 11:09 am
I think that has to do with which color-palette is used, the HTML-colors are referring to the SVGA palette(16 million colors) and the colors used for the alternative beatgraph are ordinary VGA-colors.
I don't know why VGA-colors are used for the graphs but I would imagine that VGA-colored graphics are calculated faster? Or maybe they just didn't think to long about how different colors should be referenced in the skin-engine?

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 11:21 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
How come you don't sign in any more trip ?

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 2:36 pm
For some reason you cannot use hex colors for the rhythm curve colours ?!?!?

Homeboy: i am just too lazy !!

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 02 @ 5:06 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
lol trip, it remembers ur pass and login now if u tell it too : )

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 12:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)