Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Saving Recording and appending

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I cannot record the programs requires a dll file.
Also how do I append to the already recorded file

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 04 @ 8:08 am

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 04 @ 2:22 pm
I can record by have no way of adding to the saved file does anyone know how to ?

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 2:18 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What do you mean by "adding to the saved files" ?

When you can record you get a .wav file .. right?
So its already saved. Of course you can convert it to mp3 if you like. I use lame-encoder with the frontend razor lame for that. Naturally results in a much smaller file, depending on the bitrate you choose for it.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 9:11 am
Sharen
Thanks for the reply but may be I should make my self clear. I have a .wav file saved now I want to add more tracks on to it. When I do it recoreds over the existing one. any ideas ?

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 9:57 am
Either you rename your new record or move the previously recorded mix to another directory. This way it wont be overwritten.
Since .wav is quite disk-space consuming i would recommend to convert it to mp3 though.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 12:59 pm
In case you want to continue your first mix. Rename it, load it on one turntable in VDJ then play (and record again) to the point where you want to append the mix...

Hope this helps ?

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 1:01 pm
DJBoziLE userMember since 2003
ok u have 2 choices
1. rename/move original .wav file (as previously mentioned)
2. in the record window after u pressed the record icon, just above stard recording is "filename: " leftclick on the the name to the right of that (ur filename) and a window will open - just retype a new name

Mensajes Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 3:17 pm
Hi Guys this does not work. Renaming the file creates another file and the recording starts from the beginning.
The idea is to start a mix from the end of one you created.
I renamed the file loaded on to one turn table then what ?
If you press record it just records the file indicated.
I have tried for couple of days now does anyone know ?

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 10:57 am
Hello does any one know the answer to my recording issue.
I want to add to a previously recorded file. I do not want to create a new one. I know how to rename files

Mensajes Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 10:38 am
DJBoziLE userMember since 2003
I dont think it's possible - maybe post it as a suggestion in the new features forum

Mensajes Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 3:58 pm
mahesaabey, I think you have 2 choices:

1- You put your mix in deck A, start record and start deck A. When you are ready, you mix with the new song you want to add in deck B..

2- You can use a wave editor, like WaveLab or Sound Forge and edit your mix (but VDJ is not an wave editor)

Coyote

Mensajes Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 11:16 pm
Finaly an answer it cannot be done. This a pain because you have to complete the mix and also if you make a mistsake it cannot e corrected

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 9:02 am
I have been using this program since it was auto mix back in the day . When I recorded my mixes from automatics and burn them to a CD every song and artist appeared on my CD , now when I record my mixes on virtual DJ the name of the file an artist do not come up , how do I make that happen ?

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 4:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)