Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Q about running VDJ on a macbook using bootcamb

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all
I sold my old laptop and im planning to buy a new one and im starting to think of a macbook its small it has OSX which I want to give a tray since I already have a PC desktop, and the stability that every1 talking about when it comes to mac .

im only interested in audio and till the VDJ mac verson comes out ,I want to run the bootcamb for windows

the problem is since the macbook only have 2 USB 2.0 ports and from what I read that one of thus 2 isnt that good, has some lack in performance

How can I mange If I want to run windows, so I can use my DAC-3 and an external mixer?
Ill be using

1-DAC-3
2-USB soundcard
3-External hard disk

I can use the usb connections that enable me to hook the 3- USB external hardware to only 1 USB plug in the Mac.

-but wouldn’t that give me lack in performance??

another thing

-is it possible that DAC-3 will come up with a mac driver ?? or am I asking for 2 much :) since the hardware now for the mac is almost perfect for the windows a lot of intel based hardware isn’t it easy to come up with the driver ?

thank you

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:40 am
Good choice on getting a Mac like several other VDJ users have already said that they're gonna do as well.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer for VDJ Mac.

Just get a powered USB hub to run your external devices.

As far as the DAC-3 drivers for Mac, I have NO idea. I'm sure they'll be developed promptly though if they're not already being worked on.

Enjoy the Mac experience! =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:03 am
Thank U ConQuest for the clarification :)

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:31 am
trancer_ksa wrote :
Thank U ConQuest for the clarification :)

Always glad to help!

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 2:51 am
trancer_ksa wrote :
is it possible that DAC-3 will come up with a mac driver ?? or am I asking for 2 much :) since the hardware now for the mac is almost perfect for the windows a lot of intel based hardware isn’t it easy to come up with the driver ?

Drivers for the DAC-3 shouldn't be necessary because it's a standard USB Human Interface Device.

Providing the DAC-3 native support code is ported across from the PC version of VDJ, it should be able to work. However, my DAC-3 mapper will not currently work because it's a Windows .DLL

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 7:26 pm
I cannot run Bootcamp as I do not have a Pentium Mac. I have a G4. Someone gave me the suggestion of Virtual PC with Windows 98SE... .Then I was told NOOO DONT DO IT... can we cleaify this? and if I shouldn't run it with Virtual PC why?

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 8:12 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
I cannot run Bootcamp as I do not have a Pentium Mac. I have a G4. Someone gave me the suggestion of Virtual PC with Windows 98SE... .Then I was told NOOO DONT DO IT... can we cleaify this? and if I shouldn't run it with Virtual PC why?

I just clarified it for you. Twice. Asking for more opinions isn't gonna change the fact that you shouldn't do this. DJ programs and VDJ in particular are *very* latency sensitive and need direct access to hardware, two things that virtual pc hosted os is not going to give you.

You can keep posting about running virtual pc but the answer is going to remain the same.

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 10:51 pm
Is there anything else that you recommend on how I can get Virtual DJ to run on a G4? I have some gigs coming up VERY SOON. I can use MegaSeg, but prefer VDJ. I would continue to use my PC, but even after cleaning it out, for some reason it tends to continue to freeze (especially when it gets to warm.)

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 11:49 pm
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Is there anything else that you recommend on how I can get Virtual DJ to run on a G4? I have some gigs coming up VERY SOON. I can use MegaSeg, but prefer VDJ. I would continue to use my PC, but even after cleaning it out, for some reason it tends to continue to freeze (especially when it gets to warm.)

my best advice is to wait for the mac version of virtual dj on the mac.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 3:25 am
I was told by the man :) that the dac-3 will not be working on the mac. From what I understand, it can't. That's just what i was told....

But the new dmc-2 will run on the mac, so you may want to get that dac-3 puppy ready for the e-bay slab soon ;)

Anewsome... we need to chat bro.... I want to compare notes on certain mac stuff........ you on skype?

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 9:08 am
no DAC? Maybe i'll but up with windows a while longer then! :(

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 11:03 am
Steve Lynch wrote :
I was told by the man :) that the dac-3 will not be working on the mac. From what I understand, it can't. That's just what i was told....

But the new dmc-2 will run on the mac, so you may want to get that dac-3 puppy ready for the e-bay slab soon ;)

Anewsome... we need to chat bro.... I want to compare notes on certain mac stuff........ you on skype?

i'll have to agree with you on mac+Dac3 support. Just speculation at this point though. Nobody really knows for sure. not on skype. msn is probably best. hit me with a pm.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 12:02 pm
Bottom line:

1 - Don't even THINK about using VDJ through VirtualDJ on a PowerPC/non-INTEL (not Pentium) Mac. Wait for VDJ Mac as anewsome has stated a couple of times already. This is most likely because VDJ Mac will be a Universal Binary application which means that it will run on both PowerPC based Macs (G4, G5 - G3's unlikely) AND of course Intel Macs.

2 - No one knows for sure about Dac-3 support on Mac although Steve Lynch seems to have the most information regarding this and has said no Dac-3 for Mac, but Dmc-2 will be supported.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 07 @ 10:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)