Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: "Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)" - Page: 3

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

m-longHome userMember since 2009
I found this post looking for a solution but found one myself, this can be caused if you moved your VD folder in my documents to somewhere else as the skin file is still linked to the original location, hope that helps.

Mensajes Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 3:20 pm
1kennyHome userMember since 2008
UGH!!! OK so I have been waiting FOREVER for the MixLab 2.0 skin.. now it's finally here and I get the error mentioned by a few others...
"Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)"

OK so in an attempt to fix it myself this is what I have done
1) Upgraded from rev4 to rev5
2) Downloaded and Installed the skin file again
3) Rebooted my computer
4) I also messed around with the files in the ZIP archive.. replacing the 2.0 xml file with the 1.3 xml file and I was able to actually get the 2.0 skin to launch. The skin looks great until I attempt to use it HaHa then when I mouseover certain aspects of the skin I see the old 1.3 stuff instead
5) I tried opening up the 2.0 xml file in Dreamweaver to see if I could maybe just edit line 0 but there is NO line 0.. it begins at line 1
How can there be an error in line 0 if there is no line 0???

PLEASE can someone help????

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 7:57 am
Hello everyone.
I have the same problem, but I have installed Windows 7.
I've tried to do the same with VISTA, this is not helped me.
I urgently need the program.

Mensajes Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 12:19 pm
what skins shall i delete it doesnt say defalt skins

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 1:20 pm
i have windows 7

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 1:21 pm
whenever you get those errors tryopening up the xml with proffesional xml editors like Altove XmlSpy. They usually correct the errors. then save the xml and put it in the zip archive.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 11:23 am
Hey guys i have this problem to. Now NOTE: I HAVE THE TRIAL VERSION! Does this skin work with the trial version? If not, does this skin work with VIRTUAL DJ BASIC? Because i was thinking about getting that one...

Mensajes Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 7:29 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Hello,

Nearly all Skins are compatible with the Trial and VirtualDJ Basic.
Only some very old skins aren't compatible.

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 5:23 am
Ok. Because im trying to test out MixLab 3.1 with the trial, just to make sure I want to buy VirtualDJ Basic. But everytime I try to open it it says error 0 in the xml line or something like that. I have windows 7, I've attempted to reboot the computer, I've unzipped the files many times, redownloaded the skin edited the script changed it to what people said, Still nothing works. Maybe Mixlab 3.1 Just doesn't run with the trial?

Mensajes Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 4:12 pm
hello

I purchased vdj home for my son. I keep getting an error message that reads: invalid skin file <error line %i in the XML>. I have attempted to run the program in windows VISTA and also in XP compatibility. I previously was able to use it in the trial version on this computer, and I dont know what else to do. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 10 @ 9:32 pm
hello

I purchased vdj home for my son. I keep getting an error message that reads: invalid skin file <error line %i in the XML>. I have attempted to run the program in windows VISTA and also in XP compatibility. I previously was able to use it in the trial version on this computer, and I dont know what else to do. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated

the exact same problem for me and im quite disapointed due to the fact that i havent even opened the program yet i sent a message a few hoursa go and stuilll no reply i hope i have one for this problem cuz this was 50 bucks and thats not just going down the drain.

Mensajes Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 10:08 pm
Hey all,

I JUST installed my new MK4 and im already having this problem...Could anyone PLEASE tell me a simple way to fix? I have Windows 7. I already tried deleting the Skins. There IS no skin file..I need a reply as soon as possible..

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 3:20 pm
I am a fledging dj and i just git virtual dj and it was working fine a couple of hours ago then it got the error thing i have noooo idea whats wrong or wat to do and i aint as tech savvy so if u can put the answer to my problems in laymans terms would be great

Mensajes Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 2:45 pm
I'm getting really irritated by my decks I have DJ Control MP3 e2 and when ever I try to launch Virtual Dj it says invalid skin and I as wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.

Mensajes Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 11:52 am

Mensajes Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 4:23 pm
bulla1Home userMember since 2011
hi there i have the free home edition and i have unzipped the file but it is still coming up with error line 0 in the xml
i am out of ideas please anyone???

Mensajes Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 12:49 am
k like iam trying to get to play this thing for so long and its ticking me off.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Someone HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP :(

Mensajes Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 12:18 pm
johnakozzz wrote :
i have the same problem
i have windows vista
i have done all yoyr solutions but nothing is happens
please tell me what else i can do!!!!!

Go to My Computer/My Documents/Virtual DJ/skins delete all of the skins except the default skins. Then try to re-open VDJ. See if that helps. Also, you should register your software here.

Hi! I have the same problem, just installed everything but can't open it :( it says "invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml)"
So do you mean I should go to the skin folder and then delete all folders (dj control mp3, deejay trim 4and6, dj console rmx etc) and just keep "Dj console mk4"? Or what did you mean? D

Please answer asap! I don't know how to unzip files etc so I really appreciate a detailed answer if possible, thanks alot!!!

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 1:27 pm
have a problem that I can not solve, when I try to install it from vdj pro7 SKIN INVALID FILE error, which I make

Mensajes Mon 02 May 11 @ 10:17 am
sonofjcHome userMember since 2010
I cannot open pcdj ,when I try to open it a message comes up ;invalid skin file <error line %i in the XML>.As I am a beginner I am stumped as to what to do,can you help me in simple terms PLEASE. I have tried going into skins and eliminating one at a time but still no joy so have reinstated skins. I have a sony vaio vgn-NR11M/S running on VISTA home premium.

hej try this ... go to start then type system restore...then just click to restore your computer...let me me now if it works...thanks

Mensajes Fri 06 May 11 @ 6:43 pm
71%