Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: High CPU usage, very strange - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Also I don't know if this is related to the service program,

I started the program and before I started VirtualDJ I ran the DPC Latency checker, and what a results, in 5 minutes of watching the graph, I only got 4 yellow bars, and all the green bars were low.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 12:14 pm
I'm not sure about that program and if it allows starting services back up after as I've never used it. If you've done it by the batch process then you can just reverse the actions, e.g. sc start name. I've got a bit of a busy weekend so don't know if I'll work on my version of this sort of program, I'm not sure there's really a need for it seeing as one which seems to do the job exists, but if there isn't a way to relaunch programs/services after closing your target application then maybe I'll get some work done! Glad your performance is lots better :)

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 4:16 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
If you've done it by the batch process then you can just reverse the actions, e.g. sc start name

Yes I've done it by using the .bat program. So what you are saying that if I want to go back to run windows normally then I have to do another .bat program with "sc start" before each task I've stopped..........I Get it now.

It would be nice if I could have a program that I could use and disable all the services I need to stop before starting VirtualDJ, then once I've finished with VirtualDJ I could enable the services again, by a click of the mouse or a restart of windows. Now that would be good.

Anyway I'm quite happy with the .bat program for the time being.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 6:36 pm
Restarting Windows will always restore the services if you've stopped them via a batchfile. If you don't mind temporarily losing a couple of MB of RAM whilst using Virtual DJ you can do something like the following:

sc stop name_of_service
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe (optional)
"%programfiles%/virtualdj/virtualdj.exe" (slashes go the other way)
explorer.exe (only required if taskkill method used)
sc start name_of_service

Essentially, you're just reversing the order of things after the entry for Virtual DJ. When Windows detects Virtual DJ has closed, it will automatically start the services contained in the batchfile. The optional section is to close Explorer which will free up some memory to compensate for the fact that the batchfile will still be open when Virtual DJ is - however, it shouldn't require any additional CPU.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 7:10 pm
Andrew87 wrote :

sc stop name_of_service
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe (optional)
"%programfiles%/virtualdj/virtualdj.exe" (slashes go the other way)
explorer.exe (only required if taskkill method used)
sc start name_of_service

I do like the look of that Andrew, that's the sort of thing I want.

Do I have to put the taskkill for explorer, under every service I want to stop? Also do all the / go the other way.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 7:25 pm
Nope you only need to do it the one time, preferably before and then directly after the Virtual DJ command. Only the slashes on that Virtual DJ line need to go the otherway. I would have put them the right way but the forum doesn't seem to allow it.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 8:04 pm
I'm putting up a very basic program which carries out the operations described in this thread. I haven't cleaned up the code as much as I'd have liked, and I know that there are bugs existing (particularly when a service and processed are attempted to be closed simultaneously); some Windows processes or services (no mater which method you use to close them) shouldn't be closed down or it can cause your computer to restart. I haven't added service dependency checking yet but again this is no different to attempting to close everything manually using Task Manager.

Consider it a concept for now. I will fix the code and attempt to sort out any bugs, including multiple profile settings and any other suggestions people have. If you are interested in checking it out (do be warned, this isn't even beta software, just something literally thrown together very messily for now) here's a direct download link -click me- consider it unstable

The main executable is available in the zipfile, extract it to your desktop or somewhere similar. Vista users will need to run it as Admin (right click, run as administrator) otherwise you have no control over services or system started processes, which will be a lot of them. Once you've chosen which processes or services to close, press the green play button.

Mensajes Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 12:12 am
You are a star mate, I think alot of user's might find this helpful including me. I will download it later, when I get up (fcuking nightshift)

Thanks for the Pre Beta

Mensajes Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 12:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)