Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Do you rate your songs?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hopefully, one day, VDJ will give us the ability to rate songs, and I'm talking about its very own field.. (then I can truthfully say... "VDJ... you complete me!" *sniff*)

Untill then I'm curious..
Do you rate your music? (IE: 3 stars=ok, 5 stars = awesome)

How do you rate them using VDJ? (IE: via folders, or play lists, or using the comment fiield?)

thanx!

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 2:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hippydog, don't know if it will help until this wish is fulfilled but i've subsituted the album field for the entry month of the year, still got the album header there but i just see the release months if you know what i mean when looking at the browser, so just apply your own star system to that in the meantime.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:37 pm
Never thought to use the album flield.. :)
ahhh.. nope.. better not.. I've been re-ripping a lot of my CD's and its kinda awesome that I actually HAVE the correct album description for a lot of my MP3's... One day... One day, I will even have the correct year for the majority of my songs! Only 33282 more to go! LOL
actually the majority of those is 'fluff'... make that 4000 songs left to go LOL

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:29 pm
Personally, I don't bother with ratings.

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:58 pm
in the comment field i type in the language and # for ratings.

ex: english###
english 3 stars

ex: spanish_english#####
english and spanish 5 stars

this works great with filters

comment contains "english" and comment contains "###" and comment not contains "####"
filters out to english 3 stars

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 6:02 pm
djkz wrote :
in the comment field i type in the language and # for ratings.

ex: english###
english 3 stars

ex: spanish_english#####
english and spanish 5 stars

this works great with filters

comment contains "english" and comment contains "###" and comment not contains "####"
filters out to english 3 stars

Thanks for posting that!...
for some songs I actually need to post ummm.. comments... and I was thinking for those songs I wouldnt be able to add a rating..
good to know!

Mensajes Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 12:16 am
discjockeydoc wrote :
Personally, I don't bother with ratings.

Thats cool.. Myself I need them.. I like to have ALL my songs with me (cause you never know when you will get that really weird request)..

but with all that "fluff" I've collected, its sometimes tough to pick a good song to place next when your 'under the gun'..
Ratings help me keep the dance floor filled, yet still respond to requests and try out different mixes..

Of course it doesnt help that I have a memory like a sieve....

Mensajes Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 3:03 pm
*bump*

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 11:42 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Hey Hippy...what about using the comment box for ratings????

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 3:19 pm
hippydog wrote :
Hopefully, one day, VDJ will give us the ability to rate songs, and I'm talking about its very own field.. (then I can truthfully say... "VDJ... you complete me!" *sniff*)

How do you rate them using VDJ? (IE: via folders, or play lists, or using the comment fiield?)

thanx!

used to rate them wth stars, ut nowadays i just sort them by filedate. rating songs to me gives the tendancy of playing songs n thesame sequence, especially for house music.

Mensajes Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 4:10 am
i need to rate my songs as i get pissed and forget

Mensajes Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 12:28 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hippydog wrote :

thanx!

have you tried to use the colour code on the custom buttons?
theres more custom buttons now in v8.2, you can number them #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 with a colour each to them.

just a thought

Mensajes Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 3:35 am
@topbuzzr I reckon you must have been on the juice when you posted onto this eight year old thread, can't think of any other reason why you re open it.

Mensajes Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 8:06 am
doh!

Mensajes Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 4:55 pm
rofl, I've done it many a time mate... looked at the last post never thinking to check the post in front of it that's nearly fifty years old, pmsl.

Can't believe that is another old thread that I posted on all those years back... I really got to shut this down and get some sleep!!!!

Mensajes Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 11:54 pm
its happened more than a few times to me, i never look at the date too... maybe mention something in website feature request to do something about these historic posts

Mensajes Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 7:44 am
Its pretty simple, if you have rating in you column, you can use tag editor to rate your songs

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 3:37 am
I mostly play with iTune playlist. I rate my songs from there then build up my lists.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 3:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)