Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: questions regarding Rmx 6+6 buttons

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi everyone..

I'm new to this forum do please bare with me.
I have a question regarding the 6 button configurations.. correct me if I'm wrong... the way I see it after reading multiple posts is that you should be able to map different effects/functions to each of the buttons.. but after you exit virtual dj and re-start it again all the changes will be lost.
AT least thats what is happening to me.

I have upgraded to the pro version.

another question..

is it possible to map the line volume(gain) to a volume for a sample.. using the SHIFT KEY.... or does it have to be done with the mouse?

any help is greatly appreciated
I'm sure there will be more questions to come

Thank you

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 1:18 pm
Are you using Windows or Mac??

mariogperez wrote :

is it possible to map the line volume(gain) to a volume for a sample.. using the SHIFT KEY.... or does it have to be done with the mouse?

In theory it is possible to map it to the volume for samples, but whether the RMX would recognise the SHIFT KEY and KNOB turn at the same time as a different midi function i am unsure.

You could try it yourself if you like the midi function for the sample volume is "sample_volume". Go into CONFIG ----> CONTROLLERS then right click "General Midi" ----> "Config" the select the knob or button you want by pressing/turning - you should see the note/channel number appear in the very top box - then select "sample_volume".

Once done activate the "General Midi" and see what it does - if it does function as you want you can always delete it!!

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 3:58 pm
I'm using windows..

I'll give this a try..

So as far as the six buttons configuration being lost everytime virtual dj is restarted.. any ideas?

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 4:02 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Regarding the 6x6 config buttons. Have you tried this plugin

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4830/RMX_config_.html

Basically 1 copy of this plugin=1 effect button. So if you want to change all 12 buttons then you need 12 copies of the plugin (I hope you understand that, lol) Once changed the buttons will stay set to what ever effect you config them to.

2nd question, there is a mapper available for the RMX

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/6066/Hercules_RMX_Mapper.html

This mapper will allow you to change most of the buttons and knobs (apart from the 6x6 config buttons) to a different action. I don't know if you can set it to what you would like to do, but I guess you could try and give it ago.

Well I hope that helps you mate.

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 12:11 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey Jim! Question, I tried the RMX config for saving the 6 + 6 button effects and it worked on my laptop perfectly. When I tried it on my Desktop (main DJ machine) it does not save like it should. When comparing both machines, I can't see any obvious issues. Both Machines running XP SP3, 1 gig ram, VDJ 5.2.1 pro. Only difference that I can see for now is that the RMX is actually plugged into the desktop. My laptop can't power the RMX yet so I have not been able to install it yet.

I installed the RMX config fresh on the desktop and coppied the RMX1.dll file 11 more times. I renamed the copies RMX2 through RMX12. After that I opened VDJ and set all the effects, played for a bit and then shut down. Next day, all the effects are defaulted again like I never installed the RMX config. I even deleted all the .dll s and copied them over from my working laptop. Still no luck, any ideas?

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 8:58 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I have no idea mate. I've never used that plugin

DHoude wrote :
My laptop can't power the RMX yet so I have not been able to install it yet.

Have you tried one of these. It should help get more USB power to your RMX.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)