Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ Mac Performace [SOLVED]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

CidKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just wanted to know why is that the Mac version of VDJ takes so long time to load my trax.

Everytime i load a trax on VDJ, it takes forever to load up, i get the "BEACH BALL" all the time, i run on a Mac Pro 2x2.66 Core 2 Duo Intel Xeon and got 10 GB of Ram loaded with Leopard 10.5.6

I get the same issue with my Macbook Pro. 2.2 Core 2 Duo and 4 gb of ram.

Both setup are just for music so no other softwares are installed and they are always kept clean. On my Mac Pro, i have Windows installed via bootcamp, and i never had any speed issues on Windows, why is it happening in mac ?

Am i the only one experiencing those speed issues ?

Thanks and Cheers

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 1:40 pm

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 4:18 pm
Max load is at MAX, i mean, i work in computers, am a network admin, my vdj is setup the same way on pc and mac. so at that level theres no difference at all.

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 9:01 pm
47 People saw the post but no one wants to help out ??? WoW what a nice community !?!

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 2:30 pm
CidK wrote :
47 People saw the post but no one wants to help out ??? WoW what a nice community !?!

Maybe they dont have a solution!!! Writing things like that won't help your cause either IMO.

When you are having these load issues is it with specific file types (video/audio/karaoke) if so is it a specific file extension?
I have my max load set to 30mn as i very rarely have tracks larger than 30mins and dont have an issue with load times so dont need it set to max.

Did you try anything with your configuration file or not??

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 2:40 pm
It's only with loading mp3 files, when i drag and drop them on the A or B side player, it takes forever to full load up, and i get those loading "Beach Balls" that we normaly get when the system is busy (in OSX).

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 3:01 pm
try adjusting the maximum load and see if that makes a difference.

Or maybe a re-install of the software may fix it.

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 3:03 pm
Well it is already at max load, i got this setup the same way on pc. I tried many times to reinstal with no luck, it's wierd since i got a badass machine, and on the windows xp side i have no problems at all.

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 3:07 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
CidK wrote :
It's only with loading mp3 files, when i drag and drop them on the A or B side player, it takes forever to full load up, and i get those loading "Beach Balls" that we normaly get when the system is busy (in OSX).

Edit the file: YOURCOMPUTER/users/YOURNAME/libary/preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

Find the 'speedload' setting and make sure it is set to 1.

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 5:38 pm
frd1963 wrote :
CidK wrote :

Edit the file: YOURCOMPUTER/users/YOURNAME/libary/preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

As i have already suggested.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 3:59 am
And i already tried that, it didnt change anything at all.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 4:16 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
djtouchdan wrote :
frd1963 wrote :
CidK wrote :

Weird, I don't see you having suggested that. I do see you suggesting "Max Load" 3 separate times though ;)

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 9:23 pm
Ohh nice Spinna, will try that and see.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 9:29 pm
OMG WOWOWOW it works now, thanks to Spinna :-D

WOWOW i never checked that Codec Box before, never though it would of helped... Thanks a millions :-D

Cheers

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:19 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Glad i could help;)

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:21 pm
frd1963 wrote :
djtouchdan wrote :
frd1963 wrote :
CidK wrote :

Weird, I don't see you having suggested that. I do see you suggesting "Max Load" 3 separate times though ;)

Maybe you should read again.......

I think you'll find the FIRST option in this thread is to adjust the SPEED LOAD options.

Why dont people READ!!!

-----------

Back to thread

Glad you got it working and i to didnt know that changing to QT codec would fix this problem. I just changed mine to and it didnt seem to make much of a difference but i'm guessing it could be machine specific - i dont know.

Well done anyway

Mensajes Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 5:05 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)