Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: greetings ! pls help !!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dkp03LE userMember since 2013
im new to this page and new in dging as well, currently doing it as a hobby.

i just bought a american audio vms 4.1 today and i am having following problem-

1) the master volume control on the mixture does not work at all , i have to control the volume using mouse on the software .
2) all the gain controls work but does not show at the software.
3) the led lights/signal at the power on , shows 5 lights on the left , 11 lights on the right side. is it the right firmware ?

other parts are functioning normally , could any one please help me regarding these issues ? i have to attain a party this Saturday so if the hardware it self is default i want to send it back to the seller a.s.a.p !

thanks lot for ur attention !

cheers !

Mensajes Tue 01 Oct 13 @ 2:46 pm

Mensajes Tue 01 Oct 13 @ 9:56 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
as said before...mixer of this controller is analog....
there a fake commands for Crossfader, volume fader and the eq´s
there are NO fake commands for the gains
FW 5.11 is ok
are your shure that there is no funktion of the master out knob on your controller ....?

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 1:43 am
danielsr2006 wrote :
Make sure you have your sound configured correctly as described in this guide http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html

You will note that the mixer section is anolog and not MIDI. That is why you won't see the eq or volume faders move on screen.

I'm not sure what you mean about the led lights but if you are concerned about the updated drivers then go here to update them http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1478&MainId=1&Category=23

thanks lot ! danielsr2006 yes mostly its configured correctly as mentioned on the link,

# i do see EQ buttons moving on the software except the gain buttons for all channel dont move at all but do respond to the hardware.
# hardware's master volume knob does not work at all, i have to use mouse to minimize/maximize inside software.

#at power-on i see 5 led lights on the left side and 11 on the right side , i read on the web that it refers to firmware version?

thanks lot ! cheers

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 2:52 am
RobRoy wrote :
as said before...mixer of this controller is analog....
there a fake commands for Crossfader, volume fader and the eq´s
there are NO fake commands for the gains
FW 5.11 is ok
are your shure that there is no funktion of the master out knob on your controller ....?

Thanks lot ! RobRoy,

i fell relief that FW 5.11 is ok !!
yes the master volume knob of the hardware does not function at all, but when i use mouse and control it via software to minimize/maximize master volume it works. do u think it is still not a major problem ?

thanks lot !! cheers

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 2:56 am
What you do not seem to realise is that when you are using a real mixer, there is no need for the "pretend" mixer on the computer screen.

The only functions needed from the software are the ones that the hardware (your VMS4.1) cannot do. Library browser, display of track details and so on. The mixer on screen is only necessary if you do not have a real mixer & need to use the mouse.

You say the VMS4.1 master volume does not work. Do you have the VMS4.1 master output sockets connected to an amplifier & speakers (or powered speakers)?

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 3:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)