Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: [VDJ8+] Log all actions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Often times I'm just mixing and experimenting and come up with something cool, but then I forget how I did it. What levels did I use? What was the filters combination...etc...Would love to see a feature that logs all your actions that can be reviewed or played back.

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 1:09 pm
Seconded.
there's quite a few times I've done something that just plain sounded magical and then could never replicate because I hadn't recorded it and couldn't remember what it was I had done.

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 2:55 pm
I could see it as an option that you turned on when required, like Serato's Flip or the 'Mixtape' feature in Ableton's Bridge, but having it running all the time "just in case" would (I'd imagine) put extra load on VDJ.

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 3:10 pm
Pretty sure a macro type recorder feature has been requested in the past. Not sure how it would log fader percentegas, effect strength etc. though.

Mensajes Sun 07 Apr 19 @ 3:11 pm
Seeing as how the "Live Skin" already displays filter changes, fader transitions...I assume the information is already being recorded. Same would go to the volume or pitch. You can see this on a 2/4 deck skin.

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 9:35 am
displaying current info and recording it are not the same thing.

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 19 @ 9:36 am
DJ MekuHome userMember since 2019
Nonetheless, this is a feature I'd love to see! - I joined the forums just to ask about this (first post here!)
I've also seen many people in favour of this feature (See: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/200042/Wishes_and_new_features/Serato_Flip_Support.html)
This would also save disk space when making remixes/edits on the fly - no need to record to file all the time
Maybe they could be like a 5-minute live buffer of sequencing which could be saved - Like or Ableton 10 MIDI Capture & Save or the PS4 15min in-game capture/recall

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 10:19 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You say "flip", I call it "Routine"

It records the jumps "when and to where" with simple cue points, so if you mess up you just need to move a cue point.
New version that just needs a pad page is in testing phase here. And this one I'll give access to all users.

Mensajes Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 11:32 am
I would love to see an option to change entirely the logic behind recording, and that goes pretty much along this line ("log all actions"). That is, instead of recording the actual sound, just logging the actions that we enter and the files to which we apply it, so that VDJ can later "reproduce" the actions (i.e. reproduce the set) PLUS giving the option to modify anything that you would rather have changed in the mix. This is pretty similar to Ableton Live's approach to recording, and obviously you can later export the audio as an mp3 / wav / whatever format you want. Sometimes I record a set and I wish I could change just one small little thing I did in the mix and this would allow exactly that.

Another thing: I'm pretty sure this would actually take LESS, not more, resources from the system. Recording audio definitely needs more CPU (as compared to recording plain text, which is how I imagine that commands would be stored).

This would be, to me, the ULTIMATE feature for VDJ.

I literally just looked for a forum only to post this lol

Mensajes Thu 07 May 20 @ 11:55 pm
Back in the very early days of VDJ 8, before full release, it had a feature called Timeline (see here) - but unfortunately Atomix decided it wasn't what we wanted - before we even got to use it!

You can see from the replies in the thread above that many users were looking forward to using the feature, and were asking for it to be reinstated.

Yes I know it wasn't exactly a "record everything" feature - but it could have been.

Ableton got closest with their Mixtape process - https://www.ableton.com/en/products/bridge/mixtapes/

Mensajes Fri 08 May 20 @ 6:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)