Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: crackling / distortion sound DDJ-400
Hey there. so i have a macbook air 2017 i5, 8gb ram etc, i am using latest version of virtual dj and a pioneer ddj-400. So randomly the sound (most of the times on headset) starts to be like Weird crackling/distortion. It doesn't fix unless u close and re open virtual dj or replace the controller. i have 2 ddj-400 so tng when it happened i changed to the 2nd one and it worked fine for another 2 hours before randomly doing it again.

So i am starting my sessions next week and i really don't wanna face this issue bcs u can't really just stop and replace a controller or restart virtual dj during a session.

My question is: Is this a problem with the specific controller? is it something with virtual dj?? or a problem with macbooks in general???

any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

best regards

Mensajes Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 10:02 pm

Mensajes Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 10:04 pm
yeah checked that already :).

jsut trying to see if its a general issue with the specific controller or macbooks?

Mensajes Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 10:27 pm
I had this happen on my W10 laptop a few months back and noticed it was the windows updates that was causing it.

So would be worthwhile checking that you Mac isn’t trying to download updates at the time and causing the sound issues.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 19 @ 11:51 pm
Just had this happen to me on my MacBook last night!!

The sound just started to get crackly and stutter. I did notice my cpu spike up but I just shut VDJ down and restarted.

It did happen again after the restart at which I just gave up on VDJ and closed and left it alone for the rest of the night.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 2:22 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

The sound just started to get crackly and stutter. I did notice my cpu spike up but I just shut VDJ down and restarted.

It did happen again after the restart at which I just gave up on VDJ and closed and left it alone for the rest of the night.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I also have this issue with my denon and windows 10 setup. It happens no matter what sound output options I use (denon asio or wasapi), and it's very inconsistent. It may start instantly or it may happen after 2 hours of use. I've tried windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and tried different computers.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 4:18 pm

Mensajes Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 4:57 pm
its probably just an issue with usb powered controllers..with the controllers and external hard drives etc getting bigger and more complicated i think the power is just not enough..weird thing is that it happened even when i used a self powered high power hub.. for years now iw as djing with controllers that have their own power and never had this issue. :(

not its just so random if it will happen or not and its really annoying

Mensajes Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 9:01 pm
Having the same problem, anyone solved this some how?

Any help will be appreciated

Mensajes Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 11:25 pm
willyk0ControlleristMember since 2021
I have the exact same issue. When I plug a DDJ400 (tried with two, in two computers), the audio in headphones is like digital distorted. It happens randomly and the only thing I can do is re-plug USB. Then, it can happen again or not. Sometimes I have to try it several times.

I have two laptops: A Macbook Air M1 and an old Macbook from 2011. One of them in Big Sur and other with High Sierra. I tried it with two different DDJ-400 in every combination possible and happens randomly. It never happens with rekordbox. So we can safely assume it's not a hardware issue.

Does Technical Support read this forum? VDJ license is not cheap, this thread is almost 3 years old and it seems nobody took care of it.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jan 22 @ 10:04 am
DJ Bertie wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I also have this issue with my denon and windows 10 setup. It happens no matter what sound output options I use (denon asio or wasapi), and it's very inconsistent. It may start instantly or it may happen after 2 hours of use. I've tried windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and tried different computers.

Hi, I had a Denon MC7000 on Win 11, like you could net get Asio or wasapi drivers working properly. I could get 5 or 10 mins sound fine but then cracks in sound. I tried everything for two days. Every single forum post anywhere and here I tried to solve it, couldn't so I sent it back. I run a really low latency laptop and did have a pioneer DDJ SX2 zero problems ever with the sound. I swapped the Denon for a Roland Dj808....wow, a beast of a controller! Superb in everyway way, including the Steinberg Asio drivers that are rock solid. Had Denons and Pioneers but the sound, functionality ( 4 built in Roland drum machines) and the quality of its mic input wipes the floor with any brand I have had before. If you can afford it I highly recommend going for that.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jan 22 @ 1:55 pm
I was also having this distorted cracking sound problem about one year ago using HP and Numark NS6 controller. I swapped to Acer and still had problems. It seemed to happen randomly. I was told it was because the sound is hitting its high ceiling DB level. To fix I need to lower gain level in configs. Later I also changed hard drive to SSD. It was bulletproof for a year. Not sure if fresh install of windows, or changing configs fixed problem as I did that at the same time and it run good after that. From memory I changed from hard drive to SSD after it was already running good for a couple of gigs. I think lowering gain level in configurations is worth a try.

However two out of the last four gigs I played I had the same distorted sound problems occur randomly again. At those gigs I was also having problems with the Video output (display driver issues). Now I've bought another laptop and have a pioneer controller coming to see if this cures the headaches.

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 22 @ 7:56 pm
Try set higher audio buffer (at the driver settings, if Asio, or "latency" setting in VDJ).
That usually fixes all problems . Try 256, 512 (samples)

Can also try this tool to spot any resource hogs on the computer:
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 22 @ 12:38 am
Hi all.....

Same problem....
I bought ddj400 and immediately start distortion sound on headphones
I have a macbook pro mid 2012
I test it on a deferent same Mac
On a windows desktop problem is there.....
I will now take it back to the store to change it.....
I search around the net no solution found.....

Mensajes Wed 11 May 22 @ 11:23 am
Ok this is to bad.....
I give ddj400 back for testing and is all ok...
Problem is with vdj....
I try different settings for 2 days now and no solution....
Do you see the posts for solutions?
Probably a bug do that...
I see post around the globe with same problem and different controllers from 2020 but no solution....
Please give us a real solution

Mensajes Fri 27 May 22 @ 1:24 pm
you guys even reading this?

Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
Try set higher audio buffer (at the driver settings, if Asio, or "latency" setting in VDJ).
That usually fixes all problems . Try 256, 512 (samples)

Can also try this tool to spot any resource hogs on the computer:
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Mensajes Fri 27 May 22 @ 7:07 pm
I am absolutely losing my mind. I am at my wits end. I have tried every single fix I could find.

I have a clean lean laptop.
Asus
10th Gen I5
500gb SSD
12 gigs ram
Win 10
Started with 11
Reinstalled 11
Wiped, fresh 10
No bloatware
Denon MC7000
Denon Prime 4

I kill all background applications. I turn off bluetooth. I put my phone on the other side of the room.

Every. Dam. Thing. Nothing. Happens at random. I have tried every possible buffer size. Nothing.

I have faithfully paid my subscription since 2010. There has been no resolution.

Is VDJ going to pay me for my rapidly deteriorating reputation? It is downright embarrassing. I never had this problem with Traktor.... just saying. The ONLY thing that VDJ keeps me around right now is the use of Tidal, and my utter disdain for Serato.

HELP!!!

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 1:37 pm